“Habesha Ethiopian Restaurant”

Cuisines: Ethiopian
Boston, Massachusetts
“Habesha Ethiopian Restaurant”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was our first time eating Ethiopian food. We were warmly greeted by the staff and enjoyed reviewing the menu. The food was delicious, nicely spiced, just enough but not too much. The atmosphere is pleasant, a casual, family environment. Prices are quite reasonable for the quality and taste. We will definitely return to Habesha.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank RandJ20

Malden, Massachusetts
“Fabulous Ethiopian Food”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Love this restaurant. I'm glad it has lasted as long as it has. My family likes it. The staff is kind and the food very authentic.

My only complaint is that they have a TV on while we're eating. If I bring my kids, they have the news and some of it is inappropriate for young children to see. Nor do I want kiddie movies. I think music in the background is sufficient because we are bombarded with media anyway. They can play Ethiopian music or high life, or whatever they like that isgood back ground music.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank born_carmona
North Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Loved the spicy lamb, vegetarian platter and spice tea.”
Reviewed 7 July 2010

Habesha is a sleeper -- from the outside it even looks closed (due to the dark tint on windows). We found it with a restaurant.com certificate. Serves 100% Ethiopian food (nice to see Ethiopians dining near us and at the bar, too). Of the the two lamb dishes available, we went for the spicy lamb dish, and the vegetarian dish. My husband also ordered a beef dish to bring home. Everything was delicious, especially the lentils and spinach dishes on the veggie platter. The spicy lamb was extraordinary. NOTE: this is a tiny place, so go off peak, or on Wednesdays when Ethiopians traditionally fast.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A small restaurant but very big flavors. they offered amazing fish dishes during lent and I hope they keep some...”
Reviewed 2 April 2008

A small restaurant but very big flavors. they offered amazing fish dishes during lent and I hope they keep some permanently on the menu. The bruscetta has a wonderful garlic flavor and the tomatoes are juicy as if it were the middle of august. The owners of Marino's used to own a restaurant in the North end
(very Old school) and their experience and love of making delicious Italian comes thru in every dish that I've tried.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook