“have to agree”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Malden
Reviewed 4 September 2012

i whole heartily agree with everyone of these reviews. The place is unbelivably sketchy. My room was possibly the most depressing "bates motel" imaginable. I could not believe that this was a hotel in the choice hotels group that i am a member of. The walls were dirty the locks on the door seemed flimsy,the cable T V barely worked. I was afraid to shower in case someone came in.The bed had burns and i didn't trust sleeping on the sheets.The a/c was the best part it only had one setting and that was freezing. I had to stay 2 nights and when i left the first night i did not leave anything in the room. i also did not trust my car in the lot and expected it to be propped up on milk boxes with no tires. I guess the saving grace for this hotel is the hooker clientel, when i went for ice there was a woman all of sudden by my door with a propostion i asked if she came with the room since she was there and the room costed me over 100.00 dollars. She smiled and walked away.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Frank F
econolodgemaldenma, Webmaster at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for writing the review and observations.

We apologize for whatever may have happened howsoever.

Please note that we have investigated the unfortunate trouble you had, but have taken remedial steps to see that it never happens again to any of our guests.

We have done a thorough check up of the rooms and taken steps for maintaining the best cleanliness in the rooms and premises.

Once again we are sorry for the same and please do rethink and visit us.

We will see that you get a nice experience.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

This place is a real dump, even by Delhi standards. Do yourself a favor: just go back to rte 1 and find a motel 6 or anything else. Boston area is expensive... but this is Malden, a poor location and still $100. Are you kidding? May as well sleep in the car.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff H

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your stay at the Econo Lodge, Malden.

We see your review and remark on the price.

We are making sincere efforts to make improvements in all areas to offer our guests a clean and comfortable stay at a better price.

Visit us again and have a great stay!

Reviewed 23 August 2012

This hotel/motel is advertised as being convenient to Logan airport: it's not too bad, though rush hour traffic makes it less so. However, that isn't enough to lure me back. A sinking feeling in the gut began on seeing the bulletproof plexiglas at reception. You know, the kind in liquor stores in bad parts of town. There was no smile of welcome to mitigate the sense of doom. OK, up to the room...I opened the door and saw bananas. You can imagine I was surprised that the Econo Lodge offered fruit baskets, but then I espied someone's luggage! Bad feeling getting worse. I beat a hasty retreat to reception where I was asked what was my problem...wasn't the room clean? Started to wonder if there were anywhere else to stay. Even if the room were clean (hah), don't they know that a cardinal rule for a hotel is never have anything at all that hints that someone else stayed in the room yesterday. Luggage and fruit is just too much to ignore! My room was changed to one on the ground floor. It was clean enough, but felt like a cave. The curtains had to closed the whole time for privacy, and I think a tom cat had marked the door prior to my arrival. When the key didn't work when I came back from dinner I was treated as if I were a nasty trouble maker. In the morning guests lurked in the lobby for breakfast. All looked disappointed and dejected. Can we stop advertising "continental breakfast?"...Let's call it what it is...instant coffee and doughnuts (the cake-y kind, which are better)..."American breakfast" maybe, but continental not. If you want to be convenient for the airport, just stay there.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your stay and writing the review with observations.

We apologize for whatever may have happened howsoever.

Once again we are sorry for the same and please do rethink and visit us.

We will see that you get a nice experience at the Econo Lodge.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

The room reeked of smoke so badly that we had to launder all clothes after staying here. Meager breakfast should not even be advertised. Apathetic and unhelpful staff. Located in a very questionable area. Really didn't feel safe staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Econo Lodge during your last visit.

We note your review and regret the incident howsoever it might have happened.

Our apologies on behalf of the front desk manager for any unfriendly behavior
and assure that it will never happen again.

We have given a special training to all the hotel staff and reception managers to ensure a warm and secure hospitality to our guests.

They have been instructed to ensure that our guests receive a hospitality which they shall make them feel welcome and wanted.

We take our reviews very seriously for improvement.

Please stay with us again and experience a new hospitality.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

The room refridgerator had been turned off and was left closed, creating a foul smell and making it unusable. The strong smell of urine in the corridor at the top of the stairs was horrible - that alone would make me never want to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Econo Lodge.

Thank you further for your review which will definitely help us to improve.

Guest reviews help us to improve a lot so that they get a nice experience.

We are continuously improving our rooms, amenities and other related areas.

We would love to see you again at our hotel and assure you a nice experience.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

The room stinks bad from the stale smoke. Opening the windows didn't help. Defiantly not worth it. Called the front desk about getting another room and i was told there are No non-smoking rooms. Paid $120 per night. Do not stay here.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Econo Lodge and the review.

We have investigated the smoke issue and have taken appropriate steps to attend each room of the hotel for amenities and just everything.

We will offer you the best hospitality. So please do visit us again.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

...Far from it. The place is certainly sketchy and god knows who it caters to. I was in Boston and temporarily without accommodations, so I booked this motel without reading the reviews.

The good
-Fairly well-equipped room, with microwave, refurbished bathroom, mini-fridge, safe, hangers, TV
-Fairly clean

The bad
-Not everything works, especially the lamps
-The TV only has one channel
-Sketchy people. I'm sure some were drunk and others stayed up all night making a ruckus. That the registration counter has thick transparent windows should be clue enough
-The "breakfast" is not worth having. The other reviews said it all
-Rumored bedbugs, though I myself was not bitten.
-Bad location. Going to Boston Area can take more than half an hour, for what little mileage it really is.
-Loud air conditioning
-Definitely not worth the 80 dollars (plus tax and other fees) I paid

Tip: LOCK THE DOOR. Barricade it if you must. Don't take your chances.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank gaiusjuliuscaesar

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Econo Lodge, Malden.

We appreciate you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay and your feedback.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during the stay.

We have implemented complete security measures and ensure that no anti social activity is going on.

We are addressing your observations related to the rooms. Each room shall be individually checked and certified before checking in a new guest.

We hope you will give us a second chance to convince you with a better service.

Hotel Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Malden
Quality Inn Revere
Winthrop Arms Hotel
#1 of 2 in Winthrop
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport
Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!