“Very good, reasonably priced sushi.”
Review of Sake Steakhouse

Sake Steakhouse
Ranked #28 of 58 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
New England
“Very good, reasonably priced sushi.”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I'm very surprised by the reviewer who had bad sushi here. This is one of my go-to places when I want sushi without breaking the bank. I have found it to be consistently high quality and well prepared. I usually order sushi, sometimes sashimi, almost never ridiculous roles with 18 ingredients, and I have never bothered with the hibachi. I particularly like the fact that they sometimes don't have some items (uni, live scallop), which to me means that they don't push to get one more day out of product that should be tossed. The only reason I give four out of five is that the room that the sushi bar (not the hibachi room) is in is a little bland in terms of atmosphere and has nothing to do with the sushi, which is very good.

• Visited November 2013
Drinkwater P, Public Relations Manager at Sake Steakhouse, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We enjoyed having you dine with us and look forward to your return soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great "kitchen" menu”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We sat in the regular dining room and had a great meal! I am normally not a huge fan of asian cuisine but i was pleasantly surprised.

• Visited September 2013
Mansfield, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A favorite!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Sake's Sushi is probably one of the best around the place. I really really really recommend it especially with parties and special occasions. There hibachi is very entertaining and lively. All of their services (bar, hibachi, dining) are reasonably priced. And even if you don't have a large party, the food there is definitely worth it. I would give it a 6 out 5 if it was possible. But it is so popular that you it is very very crowded a lot and you might need to wait a long time to get seated. So I recommend reservations.

• Visited July 2013
Iceland
“Good food and great entertainment”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Went with friends for a great night out. Had a really good time! Food was very nice and service was also good. Had some great cocktails while we waited for our table in the hibachi side.

• Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice looking place, too bad the food & service doesn't match!!”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We will never come here again. We thought we would finally try some sushi here, boy I wish we didn't & stuck to what we know, the other Asian place in the same vicinity. The sushi was NOT fresh. My wife had the yellowtail roll (had a weird fishy smell). I had the spider roll (completely soggy). We also had two small salads, very small! One salad had 1 tomoto & 1 cucumber, the other was just iceburg lettuce. The dressing was way overbearing and the salads were drowned in it. Service was completely clueless. I could not understand the waitress. We also ordered drinks, Mai Tai & a Blue Hawaii. Hello do they know anything about proper liquor pours?? I almost choked on my first sip (my last). Couldn't finish it, just plain gross. My wife is not a big drinker so therefore she couldn't drink more than two sips. This place really needs improvement in all areas. While the waitstaff is friendly, the must know English. Last time I checked we lived in America!!

• Visited August 2013