“Dirty and needing maintenance”

Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mansfield
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Spent two nights for work and would never go back. Check-in was fine, but started to notice uncleanliness as soon as I stepped in the elevator. It was filthy and did not get vacuumed in the three days I was there. Room was ok, but bathroom was not cleaned well, there was an odd film on the tub. Fellow travelers had challenges with the loudness of the heat, I had turned mine off. They have a great bowl of apples in the lobby. Unfortunately, when I picked one up, it had an adult size bite taken out of it and had been put back in the bowl. On departure day I had no hot water. Other guests indicated lukewarm water only after letting it run for several minutes. The staff was helpful, but this hotel needs help. Another attendee at my training indicated that they had stayed at another hotel because they heard this one was not a good choice. Another indicator is the really large sign asking you to let them know before you leave if you have problems. It gives the impression that this is a frequent problem.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank amie818
Nathan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I understand the condition of the elevator was of concern, I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the Mansfield/Foxboro area.

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This has never happened before: no second roll when the first one ran out unexpectedly, if you catch my drift . Also, the desk chair would not function with the desk in the room. It had to be replaced. Finally, the desk clerk spoke so fast I had to make him repeat mostly everything. Sum: Normally 3 star bit this visit rated a 2 star.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Nathan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the amenities in your room and service you deserved during your stay. We apologize for the malfunctioning desk chair and have reported your concerns to our maintenance team. We will be sure to address the issues with the room amenities and hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

If the children weren't sleeping, I would leave.
We decided to stay one night so our children can spend an evening swimming as a break from the winter storms, snow, and ice. We live the next town over and I called the Mansfield location with booking inquiries and was transferred to the main booking line. The customer service operator was friendly and extremely helpful. She assured me I would have adjoining rooms to accommodate my family that included breakfast.
When we arrived for check- in we were told that there was no adjoining rooms available. If we came the following day they could accommodate us but not today. We were going to leave, but was offered adjoining king rooms which we accepted. One of the rooms was ready, the other did not become available to us until 4:30. The rooms were clean and comfortable.
Here is where I began to not feel comfortable: there is a large drug/addiction rehabilitation seminar
that is occurring at this location as my family with small children is visiting. There are conversations going on at the tables, in the hallways, and elevator that are not things I want to hear or my children to hear. There are recovery posters and addiction support group calendars up and down the walkways and so much activity in my hall with doors slamming constantly and loud conversations I feel like I am in a dorm or rehab facility myself.
If the children weren't sleeping I would just go home. If I knew this was the atmosphere this weekend I would have chose another location or opted out of the stay all together. This is not a good place for children this weekend!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eatex
Nathan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

I'm so sorry your experience did not meet expectations. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and special event. We regret that your experience made you fell unpleasant. We hope you eill give us another shot the next time you are looking for a getaway. We are eager to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you've ever had.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Teddy Woods showed outstanding hospitality and made my stay there a memorable weekend. The entire staff is great and I will certainly be staying there again as well as recommend it to everyone I know.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 25 January 2014

At the end of a long divided street sits this nice hotel. You can see the hotel from the Interstate but you wouldn't know it was here if you weren't looking for it. While the hotel is of the old design with an Atrium it has been very well maintained. Our room had a balcony which overlooked the hotel dining area. The room appeared to have been recently redecorated and the furnishings were in excellent repair. They have a large parking lot because they host a lot of weddings and conventions.
If you get hungry you must stop by the Pikes Peak Lounge and Restaurant. My girlfriend and I thought we would go down in the evening and have a drink and appetizer before going out to eat. When Sergio brought us our appetizers we both said, "oh my God" because they were HUGE ! Needless to say we didn't go out for dinner that night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the Atrium and not the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Wonderful getaway for the weekend. Our room was spacious and clean! I have to say that I had trouble getting my computer to work. I called down to the front desk and in no time a young lady arrived at our room to help me! A big shout out to Shelby, what a sweetheart! The staff is fantastic at the Holiday Inn. Robin is always a pleasure to see and is so willing to help, should you need anything. The food was fantastic and the pool and hot tub were so relaxing! Enjoyed our two night stay !!!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the room on the second floor that over looks the pool area.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

This is my 4th stay at this fine hotel. Been here over 1 month this trip. Rooms are clean and comfortable, inside courtyard type balcony rooms are available. Staff super friendly. Great hot breakfast buffet and Sunday brunch. Property nestled in a quiet business park with shopping and restaurants all within a mile or two. Highly recommend this hotel if visiting the Foxboro area!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Nathan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that our team members took such good care of you and you found the amenities of our hotel to your liking. Hope to see you return soon!
Safe Travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
1 mi away
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#2 of 2 in Mansfield
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough

Been to Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area? Share your experiences!