“Acceptable.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mansfield
New York City, New York
“Acceptable.”
Reviewed 19 April 2006

While the hotel definitely has a full complement of on-site amenities (e.g. pool, restaurant), despite outward appearances in the lobby (e.g. bubbling fountain and large atrium), the rest of the hotel (including the rooms) feels dated, though still adequate.

Many of the rooms face inward on an enclosed courtyard; the back half of it actually contains the indoor pool, and the inward-facing rooms actually have patios that face this pool. While, for families, this is actually a pleasant thing (you can go directly from the pool to your ground-floor room via your room's sliding door), for business travelers, it's far from ideal (e.g. listening to noise from the pool area into the night). Also a plus for families, kids eat free. Again, doesn't make a huge difference for business travelers. Then again, I didn't stay in the rumored Executive/Club Floor.

The rooms themselves appear to be serviceable; the one I stayed in had a reasonably comfortable bed with standard-issue linens, and a small sofa, a coffee table, and a desk (and of course TV, ironing board/iron, coffee maker, etc). Food prices, including room service, are priced reasonably, compared with prices at other hotels.

If you're willing to look elsewhere in the area, the Marriott Courtyard Foxboro or the Four Points Sheraton Norwood (both undergoing renovation right now) may offer higher-quality accomodations after their revovations are finished. That said, if you're on business and travelling to companies in the area, this hotel is probably the most convenient; in some cases, within walking distance. (As their web site notes, they're near Tyco Kendall, Invensys, Bearing Point and Texas Instruments. Close to General Dynamics and EMC.)

All-in-all, the Holiday Inn Mansfield is acceptable. It may compare favorably with other Holiday Inns. Maybe the place is more interesting if you're travelling with a family or into access to a central indoor pool from your room, and maybe less so if you're travelling on business.

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
8 Thank hwmd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Thai first
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 21 January 2006

My family and I stayed at this Holiday Inn in August. Our son was getting married and the reception was being held here. We were very disappointed with our stay.

We were assigned a smoking room as we were told these were the only rooms available (many rooms were vacant, however). Knowing this ahead of time, I brought room freshener which did not help. The hallway also stunk of smoke.

Our disappointment went further as our room had a "rain forest mist" from the A/C. The carpet was drenched and there was mildew in the bathroom.

On the other hand, the reception facilities were very good as well as the waite staff are very pleasant. The breakfast buffet was also good.

5 Thank travelgram01
Edison, NJ
Reviewed 26 July 2004

This hotel is so conveniently located at exit 7A of I-95 to MA-140 right passed I-495. I found no problem after visiting Mohegan Sun Casino and having their wonderful dinner, taking I-395 North to Rt 6 East to I-295 North to I-95 North. It is only 30 minutes drive the following day to visit Boston.

When I arrived at 3am, the lady at front desk was very nice and checked me in very promptly. Not too many cars at the free parking lot as the lady told me the economy does not seem come back up yet, I guess that's why I can get this nice hotel at $38 from Amazing-Bargins.com when I select 2.5* hotels in the area.

The room was wonderful and upgrated to King size room with porch. It is nicely appointed with all the items I needed; the bed is big and comfortable that I did not wake up till 11am, the check out time.

I did not get to use their beautifuly shaped indoor swimming pool, which is a big miss. The indoor atrium is like those of Embassy Suites, with nicely done fountain and small falls. The on premises restaurant serve very nice breakfast.

The computer at business center did not seem to work, but who cares. The lady at front desk checked me out very propmtly, as well as others.

This hotel also provide lots of travel information about museums and attractions in Boston area which is very helpful. I had no problem to arrive Museum of Science at Boston from this hotel easily.

I would be glad to stay at this hotel next time I visit Boston, and I will sure to give me some extra time to enjoy their beautiful shaped indoor swimming pool that only resort hotel has, and I will ask a room next to swimming pool rather than 3rd floor they gave me this time.

4 Thank biddingforhotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Red Roof Inn
Courtyard Boston Foxborough/Mansfield
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough
Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area? Share your experiences!