“relaxing”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mansfield
Boston, Massachusetts
“relaxing”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

my husband and I went to the xfinity center and decided to stay over.the red roof is very conveniently located at the end of the night from our seats to parkinglot to hotel took only 24 minutes.the hotel room was spacious and very clean.we booked the king bed.when we arrived I went down to pool,your standard pool,with loung chairs and tables and chairs,very clean.they have coffee in the front area of the reception.the staff that I came across were extremely friendly and nice and most of all helpful.i would stay again if in the area

Room Tip: choose the king bed,besides a huge comfy bed the room was large,had a fridge micro,wave and coffee m...
1 Thank 89kathy
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Kathy
So glad to read you enjoyed your stay, thank you for the great review. We pride ourselves on being clean and friendly, thank you. And everyone loves to hang by the pool which was recently done over, so come back and enjoy!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Needed a place to stay after the Backstreet Boys concert at the Xfinity Center, and I picked this place for the pool. I booked the superior king suite for direct pool acccess, and ironically, I didn't even use the pool, but I regret nothing. I liked having the larger bed and the larger room, and I wish I had stayed two nights instead of one because I didn't have the chance to explore the area. My only complaint is the walls are paper thin and the pipes in the shower scream in agony when the water is too hot. At check out I signed up for the Redi Card, which is free, because I'll definitely stay here again, and a free night sounds wonderful.

Room Tip: Research places to eat very well, because the only restaurant we could find was the 99 Restaurant ne...
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear I just wanna Review- Thanks for your positive review. I am glad you like our rooms and the size, they are bigger then most hotel rooms your right, guests always love that. And the fact that you stayed for another night makes me happy to hear, for that means you really enjoyed your stay and that is what is most important to us. Hope to see you soon.
Washington, Michigan
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I like the value of Red Roof Inn. This one was not bad. Generally clean, our 2 full beds were comfortable. The location is ideal if you are attending a concert at the nearby Xfinity Center. Also convenient to stores nearby.There were several concert goers staying there. The staff was accommodating. The hotel itself needs some updating, but I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear RF:
So glad you enjoyed your stay, Thank you for your kind words. As you and others have remarked, we are quite convenient to the Xfinity Center, and a shuttle is offered to take you and your friends there and back, so very easy. Hope to see you again soon.
Abington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed there for my wife's work. Got the king size suite for us and the dog. It was a very nice room compared to some of the other Red Roof Inn's that we stayed at in the past. It was very reasonably priced and loved the no extra pet fees. We will definitely be staying there again very soon. Neither of us had any complaints. We liked that there was a small fridge and microwave in there. Check out was just as easy as checking in. Relatively quiet... only heard someone sneezing in the hallway and heard a door close loudly twice all before 9pm. Slept great. I was very impressed that this was a Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Johnathan - I was so happy to read you enjoyed your stay and slept very well. We recently received new mattresses in all the rooms, along with carpeting and bedspreads which give the rooms a great feel and look. And you are right about the micro-fridge combo, it is a great convenience. Look forward seeing you again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have stayed at Red Roof Mansfield a couple of times, and while it has its shortcomings, the value is unmistakeable. The king beds are as comfortable (or even more so) than several mid-level properties such as Residence Inn. The provision of a microwave, a fridge and a huge work station makes it possible to stay here on a longer basis. Indeed, the weekly rate is a steal. You need to contact the inn directly in order to secure this rate, as it won’t appear on the website.

I was unfortunate enough to book my stay online using the Nice Price Guarantee. When I went to extend my booking, the manager pointed me to the weekly rate, which I took up. This was significantly cheaper than the Nice Price.

I approached Red Roof Corporate for a refund of the difference, and I was told by two different levels of operators that I "screwed up" (which I hadn’t). When I escalated to management, they fobbed the problem back to the local manager, who kindly ate the difference himself.

This was an easy missed opportunity for Red Roof Corporate to lock in a customer who was primed to be loyal to the brand and who would have spread the word. Instead, here I am complaining about Red Roof Corporate’s complete lack of customer service ethic and total disinterest in improvement. It has left a bad taste in my mouth and I am less likely to stay at other Red Roof properties as a result.

My bottom line is that I highly recommend Red Roof Mansfield, and I commend its manager (Rick) for his professionalism and courtesy. The hotel occasionally has issues with guests smoking in their rooms, but the staff are instructed to act decisively when this is made known to them. Noisy guests are also a problem at times, particularly when an event is on at one of the nearby stadiums. The staff are good about this too. It’s a basic place in some ways, but as long as you aren’t expecting luxury, then this place is a gem.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Meowbie
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Meowbie - Thank you for your kind words and great review. We are a perfect hotel when you are looking for clean, comfortable rooms without all the extra's that few use and everyone pays for. I have brought your concerns up with our central reservation people and working on a solution. I am just happy I was able to help you and make sure you where satisfied. If guests are staying for more then 5 days, we offer a great weekly rate, as you mentioned, remember to ask, that what managers are here for... to give our guests the best possible experience and that includes rate, if available. Hope to see you soon for your next event.
New Bedford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I went with my friends to the concert on Friday May 30th. It was a perfect location for the comcast center and Gillette stadium. The staff geo and victor were really friendly and helped us out with our tickets that we had to printout. The rooms were perfect and clean. I recommend this hotel if anyone is going to any of the concerts in town.

• Stayed May 2014
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Steve, Thank you for your kind words, I will definitely share with Gio & Victor. We are a great spot to see a concert or ballgame at either Xfinity Center or Gillette Stadium, for are just down the road to both. And I know my housekeeping staff will be happy that you enjoyed their clean rooms, they work so hard I love to see them being rewarded. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Take Care!
G.M.
perry maine
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed for two nights. We came for the George Strait concert at Gillette Stadium. Upon arrival after being stuck in traffic for 5 hours, the front desk staff weren't very helpful. Two young men who were more interested in joking around about who was going to get to leave work early Saturday.They didn't bother to let us know where the vending area was or asked us if there was anything else we needed. We were told what floor we were on and what room. That was it. Due to being stuck in traffic we got there at about 11pm. Our floor was very noisy. I didn't bother to call the front desk because of how unhelpful the young men were at check in. As it is a pet friendly hotel, we were awoken at 4am to two dogs barking nonstop down the hall. The great part about the hotel is the room size. Rooms are very big. We stayed in the Superior King room. It had a great work space and came with a mini fridge and microwave. Upon Check out the front desk was extremely helpful. Even though the rooms were a good size, I don't know if it would be my first choice again. First impressions are supposed to mean something and the check in staff could have cared less.

Room Tip: The superior King bed rooms are great. Lots of room to move around. And an excellent work area.
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Skier,
I am glad you enjoyed our large rooms and work space. Many of rooms do indeed come with the mini fridge and microwave, which our guests really enjoy. I am sorry the front desk was not as friendly checking in as they were when you checked out. During sold out nights, it seems everyone checks in at once which can be frustrating for both our guests and staff. But I will definitely mention you concerns to them, and I do apologize. Thank you again for you comments and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 6 in Foxboro
Courtyard Boston Foxborough/Mansfield
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!