“Decent for one night ”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mansfield
Colchester
“Decent for one night ”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night while going to a concert. We were told there is a shuttle to the stadium but you have to schedule it after we check in. Due to traffic we got there around 5:15 pm. Shuttle was booked and we had to drive and pay for parking.

Room was clean but shower had hair and was short on towels which is apparently a norm as when I contacted the desk they knew and didn't have more. We had 4 people with two bath towels one hand towel and one washcloth.

Price was lowest in area but you get what you pay for. No breakfast that I was told about or saw.

Stayed August 2014
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Colchester, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, except for the towels in the room. We do only place 2 big bath towels in each room, as there is usually only 2 people that stay in those rooms, but we will always be happy to supply you with more. And come give us a try for more than 1 night, I think you would be impressed.
Rick Wardell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were recently at this hotel for a hockey tournament. Upon arrival we were greeted with a friendly front desk staff. The room was a good size with a very large bathroom as I booked the handicapped room. The first night the Wi-Fi was fine however the next day and for over 24 hours there was none.
I went to the front desk the first time and was told they would look into it, upon leaving I found out that the staff member was put on hold and impatiently hung up with no further action.
I returned to the front desk later that evening to complain but again as I needed the Wi-Fi for contacting family at home.
The young gentleman by the name of

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank travelling-grandma-9
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Canada Grandma:
Glad you found our front desk helpful and friendly, as well as the rooms big and roomy, I am not pleased with your experience with the WiFi. I am going to be honest and let you know, we have had issues with the "hot spots" recently and are working to get it resolved as quickly as possible. Please come back and give us another try, I think you will be pleased with our solution and upgrade.
Rick
marblehead, MA
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Just needed a cheap place to spend the night after a concert at the Xfinity Center and this fit the bill. The people working the front desk were pleasant, room was clean, bed was comfortable. Didn't get a chance to go to the outdoor pool. There are some vending machines and coffee in the rooms and lobby. We used the "Great Woods'' shuttle that can be arranged independant of the hotel - $10 per person each way. Highly recommend it to avoid the parking lot. Will stay here again for our next concert.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank amy_t
Hi Amy,
Thanks for the great review. I am happy to read you enjoyed our hotel and found the staff to be so helpful. And as you mentioned, see you next year, we will look forward to welcoming you back.
Take Care,
Rick Wardell, GM
Vermont
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was responsible for coordinating hotel rooms for a Group. We chose the Red Roof. Being a large group, I worked with the hotel staff on several occasions to assign names, add & cancel nights, etc. The day of the event, I checked in along with many others only to be charged a few days later for a reservation that I was unaware of. I was told this room was a no show. Although I had worked time and time again with the staff to confirm which reservation numbers were part of the group and even the day of check in I confirmed again. Of course they are charging me for this mysterious reservation that I did not know I had and won't refund my money. Thanks for the outstanding Customer Service. This will be our last Red Roof stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank mbvt2
Dear MVB: I am sorry you still feel the way you do after we have talked extensively about your reservation. I explained in detail to you, even down to the exact time you made the reservation, and what our polices are. We were sold out the night in question and could of sold that room 10 times over. If you ad let us know before, up until 8pm day of arrival we would of been happy to cancel the room for you. I am sorry you forgot about your reservation. We have great customer service here and will bend over backwards for our guests.
Rick Wardell, GM

Travellers are raving about these Mansfield hotels

Northern Virginia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was our third stay at this particular property, and the second year in a row we've stayed here for the Buffett concert at Great Woods. Clean, comfortable, convenient, and very accommodating to the group of Parrot Heads that have chosen them as "home base" before the show. Check in was easy, our room was large, well furnished, and very clean. Extras like a larger than normal hotel sized fridge/freezer were appreciated, as was the staff's willingness to host an afternoon/evening pool party with live music for their parrot head guests. We'll stay again the next time our travels take us to the Mansfield/Foxboro/Great Woods area!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Biz73, Ahhh yes the Jimmy Buffet concert weekend is ALWAYS an enjoyable one. As you know the hotel fills up months in advance for this show and we do indeed enjoy the Parrot Heads. So glad to hear you had a good time! See you next year.
G.M.
Laval, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We decided to book here due to it being close to the Wrentham outlets. Mind you, we had fled our previous motel in terror on that same night, booked online around 10PM and checked in by 11pm.

Desk clerk was really nice, they did have our reservation ready, and we got our room quickly.

This is one of the older red roof's not renovated with the nextgen rooms, so there is carpet in the room and it's a bit "older". The room was spotless, and you could smell the carpet had been cleaned recently. Other than some tour-bus kids staying overnight for the outlets banging in our door at 2AM, the hotel was really quiet. Beds are of high quality and make for a very restful night. Wifi is strong and the overall price was very affordable. Good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Cedric, Thank you for staying with us and giving us such high marks, we appreciate you business and we appreciate your kind words. I will be sharing them with my staff. Hope to see you back soon.

Maine
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were back again for our annual concert visit to Mansfield. The hotel is getting better. The carpet in the room was new and very nice! The beds and pillows seemed to be better too. They could use an update to the lobby, but overall - for the money you pay, it's just fine.

We like the rooms with the fridge/microwave combo - very handy.

As always the staff is super friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: ask for one with a fridge/microwave