See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

The venue is quaint,clean and cuddly. You feel right at home with the owners as though you never left your parents' home. Marblehead is such a beautiful seaport community that reminds me of the Caribbean.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

I had a lovely time during my stay with Jean and Rufus at the Golden Cod for Halloween 2015. They were delightful!! The house was lovely! They were so kind as to accommodate us because the only incoming flight we were able to get was late at night. Breakfast was always warm and delicious! I highly recommend this B&B!

Date of stay: October 2015
Thank Abogada Angélic... J
Reviewed 1 October 2015

We spent a relaxing 2 days at the Golden Cod for some recharging after our daughter's wedding in the Boston area. Jean and Rufus were delightful to spend time with over breakfast, and were wonderfully helpful in getting us pointed in the right direction to tour the historic areas. The rooms were open, and bright with a comfortable bed and updated private bathroom. And all within a nice walk of restaurants on the harbor. If we go back to this area, we would love to stay here again.

Room tip: Rooms have skylights that open
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2015

The Golden Cod is a wonderful place to stay! A beautiful home nestled in historic Marblehead with the nicest hosts you'll ever meet. Although it was one of the snowiest, coldest winters on record, our Jean & Rufus welcomed us with warmth and excitement, making us feel right at home. Despite the fact we arrived late & had to leave very early for our flight out of Boston the next morning, they were up to see us off and even packed us a "goodie bag" full of tasty breakfast treats! Simply a great place to stay with awesome hosts.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank WayneAJ10
Reviewed 19 January 2010

I stayed at the Golden Cod in October during Salem's Halloween Haunted Happenings, and let me tell you, it was the single most best experience I've ever had at a Bed & Breakfast. The innkeepers, Jean and Rufus were the most hospitable, kindest people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing on a trip, and made us felt entirely at home from the moment we stepped in the door.
The breakfasts were full and absolutely delicious- I loved munching on Jean's blueberry pancakes and listening to Rufus' stories about the history of the village. It was absolutely charming.
My friends and I occupied two third floor rooms, which had its own personal sitting room with beautiful views of the town. The sitting room contained books on Marblehead, New England, and travel brochures, and was adorned with quaint nautical-themed decor.
The Inn was also a very short walking distance from Old Town (about 5 minutes), which we took full advantage of, and had many memorable excursions.
My friends and I felt so at home at The Golden Cod, and became so close with its owners, that we pledge not only to send them a card each Christmas, but to make our stay a tradition for many years to come!

Date of stay: October 2009