Marblehead Inn
  • Breakfast included
Econo Lodge(Danvers)
Plaza Motel(Peabody)
View Hotel
All reviewscontinental breakfastb bfirst floorvictorian houseold victorianbagelspleasant staymy husband and ibed was comfortablehome away from homebreadlovely experiencefelt like homecommon areasboston areashort drivesitting room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Our family visited the Marblehead Inn over Easter weekend this year. We are 15 in all including teens to a 20 month old. Our hosts were gracious and accommodating. Our rooms were very comfortable. We felt welcome and very much at home. We would go back without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
MarbleheadInn, Manager at Marblehead Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you, Barbara. It was a pleasure hosting your extended family. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

I think our expectations were miss set a little as this was listed in the B&B/Inn section (we were thinking it would be more B&B than Inn). It is safe to say this is more of an Inn than B&B. Rooms were clean and spacious. Staff was nice and attentive. Our bed could have been upgraded and the breakfast was generous but basic.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review and for complimenting the staff and rooms. I'm sorry the inn wasn't what you were expecting. You're right - it is more an inn, than a B&B. And, while we do offer a large variety of breakfast items - coffee, teas, hot chocolate, juice, rice milk, 4 cold cereals, regular and gluten free oatmeal, regular, Greek, soy, and non-dairy yogurt, 4 flavors of muffins, 3 types of bagels, coffee cake, English muffins, 3 varieties of bread including one that is gluten free, butter, cream cheese, peanut butter, and 3 flavors of jam - the inn is not set up to offer a full, hot breakfast.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Karlene and John were incredible, from the moment we got there they were ready to help with our every need. Our room was very nicely appointed. We had a very quiet suite on the third floor which was spacious and delightful. Wouldn't have changed a thing, and we're pretty particular :) The continental breakfast buffet even had gluten free options like breads and oatmeal, and dairy-free yogurt and rice milk. Our 17 year old left his phone charger OF COURSE, and they even sent it back to us at no charge. It was very close to the historic district and harbor which was very beautiful. We will definitely stay there again on our next visit soon.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
MarbleheadInn, Manager at Marblehead Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Thank you, Jesse. We enjoyed having you and your family and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you, also, for mentioning and appreciating the gluten and lactose free breakfast alternatives. We're happy to offer them.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Although my 11 day stay was predicated by a death in the family, the Marblehead Inn and Innkeepers Karlene & John gave me a much needed respite. They were also more than flexible in accommodating other members of my family during this difficult time. My suite was spacious, clean and relaxing. I took advantage of the Jacuzzi tub on several evenings following long days cleaning out my sister's apartment. Breakfast was often enjoyed with other interesting and pleasant guests of the Inn. The Innkeepers and fellow guests helped me feel at home and supported throughout my time there. I grew up in the neighboring town of Swampscott and my husband and I look forward to returning to the Marblehead Inn for future visits to the area to visit friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
MarbleheadInn, Manager at Marblehead Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Thank you, Debra. We're sorry for the circumstances that brought you and your family to the Inn, but we're very happy that you chose to stay here and that you found the respite you needed. We hope to see you again in happier times.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stayed at the inn while doing an extensive renovation of my home and the inn was truly a home away from home for me. The building is a beautiful historic house, nicely decorated and very welcoming. What was truly outstanding, however, was the warmth and level of personal care shown to me by the innkeepers. Karlene and John are exceptional innkeepers. Renovating your home is extremely stressful and karlene and John did an outstanding job of making my stay stress free, relaxing, and comforting.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
MarbleheadInn, Manager at Marblehead Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you, Eileen. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. We really enjoyed having you and wish you all the best in your 'new' home.