“Comfortable stay”
Review of Marblehead Inn

Marblehead Inn
Ranked #3 of 19 Marblehead B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here on our last night touring New England as it was close to Boston airport. The Innkeeper Jeffrey made us very welcome and was helpful in recommending places to eat. Our room was large and well maintained. Ok, it wasn't a cooked breakfast but there was plenty of choice and everything was very fresh.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

What a pleasurable stay. We were welcomed with choice of hot or cold drink and cookie and chocolates/sweets, and good information on restaurants,etc. Lovely room. We were offered a glass of wine before we went out to eat. Breakfast was cold continental but with plentiful fresh fruit salad, hard boiled eggs, muffins etc. And wide selection of teas. Certainly a lovely place to stay. Only slight downside for some people may be the circa :30 min walk into town unless you take your car

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A beautiful and very clean and well appointed inn, I highly recommend this wonderfully staffed, delightfully decorated escape! The inn keeper was incredibly warm, helpful, and took great pride in his beautiful inn! The rooms have been recently renovated and are airy and gorgeous! I adored my stay here!

Room Tip: Every room is lovely!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Beautiful Victorian, Jeffery was extremely nice, the new rear yard grounds were very well
done, I enjoyed my stay, but the morning breakfast was a high end cold Continental type
breakfast, and although it was a nice continental breakfast, I just expected more from a
B & B .

Room Tip: Room No. 1 is in front on the street side 1st floor, very nice , nice bathroom, shower, but traffi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank bicyclenut
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

The Marblehead Inn has way exceeded my expectations. Came out to visit someone for graduation. Knee was hurt in flight and Jeff offered us a different room in the first floor.

Beds are very comfortable. Always a nice choice of fruits, cereal, pastries and toast. Coffee great too.

We are currently staying here this week and have another 3 nights here.

I will totally recommended this place to anyone looking for a NICE place to stay in Marblehead.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank michelle w
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I am from Glendale, AZ and I am so blessed to have fallen into the experience of being able to stay at this Inn for a night.

The Inn keepers name is Jeff. He is so full of knowledge and so personable, I could have chatted with him for hours, but at some point must say your goodbyes to get more travels in.

My daughter and I were going to stay in Salem, but as driving through had second guessed our decision. We had quickly started hunting on the GPS for another town to stay in that we would feel more comfortable. Marblehead is a very posh town with the most beautiful homes to look at and very close to the ocean to put your feet in the water or collect sea shells. The center of town has amazing roads that twist and turn like I have never seen before. I personally have traveled to 46 of the 50 states and can say without a shadow of a doubt that Marblehead is one of the most beautiful places that I have passed through. My daughter and I also had a lovely dinner at a restaurant called, "The Landing" in Marblehead, recommended by Jeff, the innkeeper. The Landing had the BEST clam chowder I have ever had. I also enjoyed their grilled Swordfish while my daughter enjoyed their duck with rice pilaf.

As for Marblehead Inn.......I could literally go on for many many characters describing what a lovely experience it was. Although I felt the bed was a bit on the firmer side, my daughter loved it. The pillows on the other hand were plentiful and soft as a cloud. The pressure in the shower was perfect. The tempurature was perfect in the room and the inn. The Inn was not only beautiful but could not have been any cleaner and comfortable. In the evening wine and crackers are served complimentary. In the morning a continental breakfast is served with fresh fruit, bagels, cereal, and more. It was certainly well worth the money with the atmosphere and the history lessons from Jeff.

All I can say is this place is a must and Jeff you are doing a wonderful job and are a very personalable, fun. and knowledgeable guy. Keep up the good work.

Patty and Destiny............Glendale AZ & Ballston Spa NY

Room Tip: ALL the rooms are good in this Inn.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank arizona69
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This B&B is the best in the area if you want to have an exceptionally clean and quiet visit to Old Town Marblehead. It's a short walk to Old Town where you see the harbor and seafaring antiques. It has a great breakfast variety and sitting area. It has a nice reading room. Carpets are clean and fresh. Jeff is a great innkeeper who cares for all your needs. I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marblehead
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
The Hotel Salem
#3 of 3 in Salem
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks

Been to Marblehead Inn? Share your experiences!