“Hidden Gem a Skip off the Main Road”
Review of ThaiMarket

Ranked #25 of 61 Restaurants in Marblehead
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 17 April 2017

The food here is delightful, comprised of richly seasoned fresh ingredients. Whenever I visit here, it isn't busy and I can just speculate that too few people know about it. If the owners could put a sign on the main road to guide people to check it out, I think I would then have a hard time finding a table (yet the dining room is spacious). The servers and owners are very nice and comfortably attentive.
Their curry dishes, noodle dishes, salads and appetizers are all delicious. Plenty of vegetarian options.

Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

ThaiMarket consistently over delivers. The Pad Thai and Masaman Chicken are excellent choices. Many gluten free options. Service has been excellent. They also have take out service, usually order is ready in about 15 minutes.

1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 19 September 2015

I've worked about a block from this place for 11 years but never would have noticed it if not for a local with knowledge of the place. The owner/ server/ hostess and her husband/ cook were the only workers. There was only one other party when we visited. The decor is clean, cute plants on each table. The lunch specials ranged $10-11 and included an entree with choice soup or salad. Appetizers were $4-7. A carafe of lemon water was complimentary. A full bar was also available. The restaurant was a bit warm with open screen door and fan but no ac.
This was my first time having Thai. I tried the house special drunken chicken with salad and spring rolls while my dining companion had the soup, pineapple shrimp fried rice with cashews and shrimp with shrimp wrappers appetizer. The hostess had my meal made mild as it was my first time. It was still a bit spicy but not overwhelming. The vegetables and white meat chicken were lightly coated in sauce and it was a very fresh tasty dish. The rice and shrimp dish also got rave reviews. We will definitely be back. I would highly recommend.

1  Thank newenglandgrl27
Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

Very nice staff and good Thai food without having to drive too far. The tom ka gai soup was so good, we had to order more. All dishes were made to order, and they were very good about customizing ingredients and spices (how spicy/hot). We ate in, and had no problem with speed of service or for being delivered.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

We've been here a couple of times, and it seems to be getting worse. The prices are high for small portions, and the taste is average (some really good, and others bad). Our Crispy Tamarind Duck was mostly dry and tough. The menu said "with vegetables", but all we got was garnish. Our curry dish was alright - nothing special. The 3 Curry Puffs (appetizer) were tiny (for a ridiculous $6), but maybe the most tasty item of the meal. Service was slow, but pleasant.

thaimarket, Owner at ThaiMarket, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2015

We have kept the same menu price for 5 years, only adjusting some items by 1-2 dollars. Curry Puff is an appetizer, and thus is relegated to an appetizer-size. The duck is described as crispy; 'dry' should come as no surprise. The limited amount of vegetables is simply to garnish the main event, which is the duck itself. We even gave you a side of sautéed vegetables free of charge because you complained. If you feel that the portions are too small, then you should find somewhere else to eat. We value quality over quantity, and we always keep it consistent.