“real home cooking”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 August 2014

a genuine old American diner for an early breakfast before whale watching - the real deal. delicious food and friendly service

1  Thank Karen0411

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This place has the best breakfast in Marblehead. I was here 3 years ago and wanted to come back the moment I knew I was going back to this area. Today, I had the blueberry pancakes which were fabulous and huge. They were loaded with fresh blueberries. The side of sausage was 4 links and tasty. The coffee was ok but I've had better. My daughter had scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, and potatoes. She loved it. Portions are healthy. The service was very good and friendly.

Here is the downside to this place. We had to wait a half hour on a Sunday morning. There is no list to put your name on and you just wait on a line outside. The place is dirty and needs attention. The bathroom upstairs is beyond disgusting and includes a hole in the floor and a piece of plywood holding open the window. The floor in the restaurant hasn't been cleaned in years. The coffee mug my wife had today had three chips in it. That's part of the charm and mystique of this place.

I would still go back in a second. If you are stuffy and full of yourself, don't go unless you can get off your high horse for 45 minutes.

Cash only.

1  Thank Melonie S
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I had breakfast here every morning I was in Marblehead. The service, the portion size, the taste of the food, everything was excellent.

1  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 14 July 2014

A local favorite. Right a the town landing where boats abound. A classic breakfast spot out of the 1950s. Mobbed on weekends. Try the fried dough -- have cinnamon and powdered sugar with it. Coffee is always good. Down-home, simple and worth a visit. Full of locals. Opens with the birds.

1  Thank massbayreviewer
Reviewed 21 June 2014

You must try the above, really good. It is where the locals go & I think it is the only place for "breakfast". Diner feel with good fast service, no pretensions just honest food.