“Great spot but issues”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marblehead
Notorious Annie's Waterfront Inn
Ranked #15 of 19 Marblehead B&B and Inns
Verbier, Switzerland
“Great spot but issues”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Notorious Annie's is located right by the sea with a great view. However the breakfast part of bed and breakfast was appalling, some warmed up muffins and a glass of low quality orange juice from a carton. The wifi would only work intermittently which was very frustrating if you need to use the Internet. Of course it worked perfectly on the ground floor if you sat in the hallway entrance... Downstairs has good space but an appalling air conditioner that did not really work but made a lot of noise, making for an uncomfortable night in hot weather, and a TV with very few channels that must have been made soon after they invented colour TV. For some $300 a night was daylight robbery.

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank B X
Janet S, Owner at Notorious Annie's Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
I feel I must point out that the guest who reviewed our property arrived in the middle of a bona fide heat wave and was in a very foul mood, arguing with his spouse and dealing with an overtired toddler who had a difficult time adjusting to a time change and wet the bed twice. Sadly, I believe this may have contributed to his sour opinion of his experience. We, like all establishments in New England during that time of extreme weather, were doing our best to keep our rooms cool, and we moved the guests to another suite at their request. The suite from which we moved them has subsequently had a ductless air conditioning unit installed, and the suite to which they were moved has central air.
The television to which the guest referred actually has all the cable channels and HBO and Stars and other premium programming. The guest never mentioned that he could not find the channels, and never asked to be shown how to use the remote control.
I worked with him to try to figure out his problem with the wifi (which worked fine on my laptop from the suite) but his European devices seemed to have difficulty picking it up.
Regarding breakfast: We are an inn, not a bed and breakfast, so breakfast is not the same big production it is in places that have restaurant licenses and provide cooked meals. We did provide the guests with muffins which were warm and juice and hot water for tea at the requested time.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Walnut Creek
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Thank you Janet for your wonderful hospitality. We enjoyed the place tremendously and wished we stayed longer. Great location directly on the water with a beautiful corner view. The room/bathroom suite is quite large and nicely decorated. Enjoyed walking the streets, short distance to great restaurants. I shall remember this spot and friendly playful HATCH.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

Perhaps the best inn we've ever had the pleasure of enjoying. Worth the view alone. Comfortable luxury. Great location in historic district, yet still quiet and comfortable. Stayed here for our first vacation with our four month old (which innkeeper totally welcomed) and felt like we could really have our little vacation "nest". Stayed in Annie's Suite which is on the second floor and has a separate queen bedroom and sitting room (with an additional twin bed). Would love to return!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank ARosejd
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 February 2013

My Daughter and I stayed at Notorious Annies in October 2012. I originally hoped to find a place in Salem, but I'm SO glad we were here instead.

Marblehead is a beautiful and charming town and we enjoyed walking its streets and visiting its lighthouse.

Annie's is the only place I could find that was on the water. The sunrise and sunset views were incredible with all the boats in the harbor and the lighthouses across the water.

Janet, the Innkeeper, was also a delight. We liked he so much we made a point of going to the Marblehead community theater to watch her perform one night we were there. She has many stories of her own travels to tell, if your interested, and will leave you to your privacy if you aren't.

Overall, my daughter and I will look back on our visit to Marblehead with fond memories for a long time. Thanks Janet!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
New Castle, CO
Reviewed 17 November 2012

This was my 4th stay at Notorious Annie's. The suite is beautiful and the views are spectacular. There is nothing better than falling alseep and waking up to the sound of the waves on the beach just outside your window. It is walking distance to great restaurants and parks. Janet is a terrific hostess and makes everything so easy. I hope to stay at Annie's again and again and I can't imagine staying anywhere else when I am in the area!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Cynthia W
Colleyville, Texas
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stayed at Notorious Annie's for a 'Girl's Weekend'. What a great experince. We stayed in the 'Annie' suite which was perfect for 4 people. the place is clean/well appointed kitchen and the views are tremendous. Janet was a great hostess and I loved the coffee and muffins in the morning. It was walking distince to several places including The Landing and only a 15 minute drive to Salem. You couldn't ask for much more. I will certainly return and next time with my husband and daughter as it would be great for families as well.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Ed and I were in town to see old friends and go to a family wedding. Annie's is Charming, comfortable, great panoramic oceanview. The smell of the salt air is invorgarating. You can walk to the Barnacle for chowder, Matty's for a big generous drink or to the Landing for a lobster and all the quaint shops, wonderful staff. loved it and I grew up in the next town 40 years ago!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marblehead
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
#2 of 19 in Marblehead
Harbor Gardens
Harbor Gardens
#10 of 19 in Marblehead

Been to Notorious Annie's Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!