“Great Experience!”

Junji Fine Japanese Sushi
Ranked #12 of 61 Restaurants in Marblehead
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Living in Japan gives us some perspective on Japanese restaurants in the USA. We've had two great experience now at Junji and have found it to be a fairly authentic experience. The selection of sushi is broad and they offer a limited amount of high-quality fish such as toro. We did not try the omakase but opted for the sushi and sashimi moriawase and were not disappointed. The tori karaage tasted authentic (double fried with juicy chicken inside) and the beef tataki was absolutely delicious.

Service was quite good and the atmosphere lends itself to quiet conversation. Prices were quite reasonable and we enjoyed a nice cold sake. Complementary hot green tea is available after dinner as well.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Though it's not just Japanese inside, I was pleased with Ramen noodles. Kind of expensive but with a great taste. I would think before ordering the collar.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

First let me say that I love sushi and I'm a bit of a sushi snob. I think one of the most important things about a review of a restaurant is of course whether the reviewer likes or dislikes the venue, but moreover, it's does this reviewer and I have similar tastes. So, although I've eaten sushi from every store in town from Stop and Shop to Market Basket, I've never found one that I liked enough to say, I no longer need to go to a sushi restaurant or even, hey that was awesome. So even though I like Wholefoods various sushi salads, I don't like their sushi that much. Back to Junji. I love. I love. I love their sushi. Their fish is fresh, it's clean, it's flavorful and their negiri is well constructed. One of the major fails that sushi restaurants have is the rice. I've often chosen to go to one restaurant over another due to the flavor and consistency of the rice, and Junji's sushi chefs have hit a hole in one here. They make a mean and crazy fresh wasabi and their ginger is delicious. They have a great cold sake menu and regular customers can get a personalized Masu, which is a small wooden box traditionally made out of hinoki wood or Japanese Cypress. Which I especially love filled with Ozeki’s Yamada-Nishiki. They have wonderful seasonal/specialty sushi like Madai (Japanese Sea Bream) and Shima Aji (Striped Horsemackerel) that I just can’t get enough of. If you’re in need of a new sushi location on the North Shore, make this that place, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

My first choice for sushi in the area. All the ingredients used are fresh and the presentation is first rate. The owner and staff are always pleasant and helpful. The space has a nice neighborhood feel to it. Have eaten in and ordered takeout...always consistently excellent.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

If you are looking for beautiful fresh sushi, look no further than Junji. There menu offerings are extensive and the presentation is 5-Star.