“Flavorless, ok in a pinch”
Review of Tony's Pizza

Tony's Pizza
Ranked #24 of 62 Restaurants in Marblehead
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 19 September 2018

On my noble quest to try all the pizza places in Marblehead, gave this guy a shot. Two strikes: no delivery and no flavor. My husband and I both described it as 'weird' how bland it was - not a word you associate with pizza. Greek salad was good.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Tony, who opened the pizzeria in 1981 is still busy throwing and cooking his pizza's 37 years on. There he was at the pizza oven as we placed our order.

I opted for Chicken Noodle Soup as a starter and it was rich and enjoyable. One of those homely style soups that can cure all that ails you. It was served with the ubiquitous Oyster Crackers which gave it a lovely crunch as well as the rich homely flavour

My partner opted for a "small" Pizza with pepperoni and jalapeno, this is an alternative version of what small means from the one I know, as it was a generous size pizza cooked to perfection.

I went for a Calzone filled with Italian sausage, red peppers, onions, and cheese and served with a side of rich and spicy tomato sauce. It was yummy. The insides were fresh and crunchy, clearly the vegetables had been cut fresh, the flavour was lovely, and the tomato sauce is the best I’ve tasted for a long time.

Tony himself came out and served me my Calzone, how nice to find simple food so well cooked and served. Thanks all.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 26 June 2018

I visited for takeout. The lasagna was good, the garlic bread mediocre. The cashier who took the order was pleasant and friendly. But I had to listen to Fox News on the TV while I waited. If it was CNN or a local station, I would have given Tony's four stars. But I won't be back.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 19 January 2018

The fires are not done well, usually burnt but the chicken fingers are wonderful. I think that its pretty average in term's of pizza and I've never tried their pasta dishes. Overall I'd say just stick with the chicken fingers especially if you are with a younger crowd.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 9 October 2017

We ate at Tony's Pizza when we got into Marblehead. We got the BBQ Chicken pizza and it was great. We got a small and were greeted with a massive pizza. The crust is crunchy which normally I hate crunchy crust, but this, I enjoyed! Great pizza!

Date of visit: October 2017