“Great Staff, Average Room for an Older Hotel”

Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Marlborough
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I attended the George Strait concert and failed to make reservations, i stopped at 10 motels that were full and this was the first one with vacancies. The check in was quick and the rate very reasonable for the area.The hallway on the 3rd floor had a strong odor of 3rd hand smoke. The room itself was clean, sheets were bright white and spotless. I always check mattress for bed bugs when I stay at a hotel and there was no evidence of them. Shower curtain looked new and also spotless. I respect how hard the hotel staff is working to keep this older property clean and in good repair.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you were pleased with our staff, your quick check-in and the cleanliness of your room. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Still, I apologize that our hallway smelled of smoke when you arrived. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure this issue is addressed right away. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Just spent 40 minutes trying to check in. First no one was a front desk - waited 10 minutes until I had to call from my cell to have someone (apparently the only person who works here) come down and SLOWLY check me in. Bad-really bad

• Stayed: June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I apologize for the difficulties you encountered while checking in. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure this does not continue in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here since it was a good location for a family event. My room 312 had a stinky cigarette musty odor . I left the window open all the time to air the room out since I wasn't in the room much. Overall great value - but wouldn't stay here if I knew I was going to spend any time in the room/rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad that you were pleased with the value provided to you at our hotel. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our location. Still, I apologize that your room smelled like smoke. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure this issue is properly addressed. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

My family had reserved an awful days inn, upon arriving we were overwhelmed with smoke and an unclean room, we desired to switch hotels at 10 PM. I called the number and spoke with some random woman who was not even familiar with the area around the hotel. She was at headquarters in a different area of the country. I asked for the address during the reservation process multiple times. The person helping me would not give me the address until after I gave her my credit card number and had completely made the reservation. I hung up, researched the address. And realized that the entire time I believed I was reserving west borough, I actually reserved marlborough. When I called back to cancel, I was told that I would not be able to cancel my 4 night reservation, because it was after 6 PM. Then the person helping me, a different person than the person who reserved my room, then hung up on me, and made no effort to contact me again. I called a third time, the woman essentially said I could complain and potentially get my money back in a week, or not complain, and just deal with it, either way I had to stay at that hotel on that night. She was unhelpful, curt, and rude. I was in tears and frustrated. If my family had not been absolutely desperate for a hotel we would not have completed our stay. If I had my way, we would be reimbursed for our entire reservation and all the gas we used commuting because of the longer distance to the marlborough location. I will never use this hotel service again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Rebecca - Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am very sorry to hear about all the difficulties you experienced while booking your stay. This is unacceptable and I truly apologize for your experience. I will be meeting with our staff to review our reservation process and our customer service expectations to ensure this does not happen in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

For reasons I cannot understand, motel rooms in this town are rather high. This motel provided the most for the best price. The room was very clean, fully equipped with a kitchen, a comfortable chair to read in, and a fully functional TV. The "grab and take" b'fast is rather Spartan - a small muffin in a sealed bag that might be older than the guest (and/or a power bar) and a coffee machine. I would say that was the only downside but the room was more than adequate. I stayed here last year when attending a nearby conference where the rooms cost twice as much. I would return next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from whatever noisy group may be at the hotel that night.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel is AWFUL! it took 3 reloads and about 5 min of time just to load the Trip Advisor. I could pay for high speed internet here but i thought they had free Wi-Fi? Its just a gimmick to make themselves appear up tp par with the surrounding hotels. We had no trash cans in our room, Theres no Ice machines, there is a fiesta going on in our nieghbors room, OUR KEYS DONT WORK so we have to ask the attendant to open our door for us every time we want to get back in our room after work? OUr TV is chipped so we have 2 splotches in front of the NCAA championship! And one more time this connection is so terrible you cant use facebook unless your OK with waiting 5 min every time u scroll down...Avoid this hotel at all costs! The front desk was very nice

Room Tip: go to any hotel but this one
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff. Still, I sincerely apologize for your overall experience including the noise levels at our hotel. I will review our guest protocol with the staff so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Your feedback regarding our free Wi-Fi is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel.

Again, thank you for the comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Friendly staff. Immaculate rooms. Relaxing stay. What more can you ask for? Always try to stay at these hotels. Never have a bad experience when staying at Extended Stay Hotels, and this hotel is especially accommodating and helpful. I know I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I appreciate the kind comments about our friendly staff, your clean room and our hotel's location. It was a true pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to having the opportunity to see you again in the future.