“Marlborough, MA Extended Stay - GOOD Stay”

Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Marlborough
Palos Verdes, CA
“Marlborough, MA Extended Stay - GOOD Stay”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very nice location and amenities. The bed was very nice and large (King size); the kitchen was nice with Ice Trays and an Ice Container too. The Grab and Go breakfast was nice with very good Coffee to go with it. The items in the room were nice and adequate; but, one had to ask for extra soap, shampoo, towels, & even (microwave) popcorn which were all available - for the asking! The layout of the facility was very nice and easy to move about with a lot of very good parking. A definite modest, efficient, convenient facility with a lot of nearby additions easily available for shopping, dining, etc!

Room Tip: I would think that MOST rooms would be very good choices!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
northboro
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Not much to say. Love the idea of having an almost complete kitchen but the management were rude,access doors always broken. Keyes would stop working into room. Hard sometimes to get linens,many times I bought toilet paper. No screen in window.very few TV channels.

• Stayed June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I am so sorry that you received such unfriendly customer service from management. I can assure you that I have reviewed our customer service standards with the entire staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. I am also sorry for all of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay, including your keys not working and the difficulty of requesting linens. In response to your feedback, I have met with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure they are better attending to our guests needs. Again, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please contact me, at mar2@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Marlborough hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Extended Stay America, Boston Post Road, Marlborough.
I stayed for 2 weeks and checked out after clearing all transactions. But i was charged additional $90 after a week of check out without any email or any other way of intimation. It’s been almost 3 weeks i spoke to the supervisor who confirmed that money would be credited back within a day or two.
I am having problem in receiving money. To check the status i have been calling from last 4 days and every time the receptionist transfers call to supervisor it goes to the voice mail. I left couple of messages but haven't received any call so far.
I even stop by the hotel today noon and the receptionist promised me a call back but no response again.
It is really annoying and I can't follow up anymore.

Thanks
Satya

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Satyapal R
Peabody, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is a good hotel for the money. Especially helpful is that there's a full refrigerator/freezer which I used to stock with sodas, salad and leftover food. There's a Hannaford grocery store nearby so you can buy whatever groceries you need and heat/cook on the cooktop or in the microwave. The room was very comfortable and quiet; met all of my needs. The traveler just needs to remember that this type of hotel caters more to those expected to stay for an extended period of time, so don't expect maid service or fancy soaps. But if a clean room is what is wanted at a reasonable price in an area with a variety of nearby restaurants, this is a great choice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, quiet and comfortable room at an affordable rate. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with your fully equipped kitchen during your visit with us. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
bar harbor, maine
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I attended the George Strait concert and failed to make reservations, i stopped at 10 motels that were full and this was the first one with vacancies. The check in was quick and the rate very reasonable for the area.The hallway on the 3rd floor had a strong odor of 3rd hand smoke. The room itself was clean, sheets were bright white and spotless. I always check mattress for bed bugs when I stay at a hotel and there was no evidence of them. Shower curtain looked new and also spotless. I respect how hard the hotel staff is working to keep this older property clean and in good repair.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you were pleased with our staff, your quick check-in and the cleanliness of your room. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Still, I apologize that our hallway smelled of smoke when you arrived. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure this issue is addressed right away. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Rochester, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Just spent 40 minutes trying to check in. First no one was a front desk - waited 10 minutes until I had to call from my cell to have someone (apparently the only person who works here) come down and SLOWLY check me in. Bad-really bad

• Stayed June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I apologize for the difficulties you encountered while checking in. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure this does not continue in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.