“Great Steakhouse but Salads disappoint”

Wildwood Steakhouse
Ranked #15 of 153 Restaurants in Marlborough
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hudson, Massachusetts
“Great Steakhouse but Salads disappoint”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This would be a 5 star review except for the salads. We started with Scallops wrapped with bacon (6 good sized scallops wrapped with thick cut bacon, dusted with parmesan cheese and bread crumbs served on a red pepper sauce) delicious, but if you don't like spice ask them to omit the sauce (which isn't mentioned on the menu) but we loved it. Unfortunately the salads were a disappointment, although very large and very fresh both the House salad and the Caesar salad were disappointments. The house salad was great except for the Blue Cheese Dressing which Hubbie described as the worst he had ever tasted (I have to agree), don't know what happened it used to be great. I decided to try the Caesar, also disappointing, while it was crisp and fresh Romain, the Parmesan was grated not shaved, the croutons too large and hard and the dressing was very bland. But OOHH the steaks, mine the NY Strip, his the Wildwood sirloin both ordered medium rare. Both were perfectly prepared, well charred and a steakhouse medium rare, absolutely delicious. We both ordered the Romanoff Potatoes, what a find, twice baked potatoes cut in chunks mixed with sour cream and cheddar cheese then baked until brown YUMMO. The service was top notch and very professional. We'll be back with the only change being ordering salad dressing on the side.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Bruins_Kill_Them_All

Albany, New York
“Pretty good typical steakhouse food!”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

You get the type of food choices you'd expect at a steakhouse. When I asked the waitress what "Today's Catch" was in the Broiled Seafood Platter, she gave me incorrect information. The atmosphere in the restaurant is nice. We went on a Sat. night though & it was very noisy. I was out with several women, & we did enjoy ourselves. However, if you'd like an intimate romantic dining experience, I'd suggest you try somewhere else.

Visited September 2013
Hudson, Massachusetts
“Big city steakhouse at suburbian prices”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We visit Wildwood Steakhouse for special occasions. No need to go to Boston to pay top dollar for the same quality. The steaks are hand trimmed, perfectly seasoned and grilled to perfection. They come with a huge salad and potato, sides are ala cart. Beware this is a true steakhouse so if you order a rare steak it will be rare red and cool in the center. Most people who think they want a rare steak based on lesser steakhouse experiences will want to order medium rare, red warm in the center. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, the service prompt and friendly. The owner is always there which I appreciate. Any steak you might choose will thick juicy and delicious I would know I've tried them all and have been going here since I was a teen 30+ years. Try it you wont be disappointed!

• Visited November 2012
Marlborough, MA
“Always a good choice”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We live in the area and have been going here over the last 13 years. If you are in the mood for a steak they do a great job. Mine have been always cooked the way I asked and I am a big fan of the bacon and blue cheese filet mignon. My DH loves there prime rib and even if you eat late, like we do, they usually have medium rare to rare pieces. My favorite appetizer is the tuna, yummy.

We have on occasion have had issues with services but that is not the norm. They have a nice bar if you want to have a drink with friends and on Thursdays have great raw bar specials in the bar only. The bartenders are very friendly and accommodating.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sue W
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Wildwood steakhouse 6-27-13”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My wife and I attended a retirement party of about 40 people here. Even though the restaurant was busy and was hosting the party, everything was great. Service was attentive and the food all came out together and was cooked as ordered. We both had the steak and it was cooked exactly as ordered and was very flavorful. One of the other individuals at our table had fish and raved about it. We have been here in the past and will definitely return even though it is a bit further out of our normal dinning zone.

Jerry & Mary Jane