“Good for central Mass BBQ”
Review of Firefly's BBQ

Firefly's BBQ
Reserve with OpenTable
Firefly's BBQ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 152 Restaurants in Marlborough
Price range: US$3 - US$25
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: After Winning More Than 20 National Bar-B-Que Awards Owner Steve Uliss won the Massachusetts State BBQ Championships and represented the Commonwealth in the Jack Daniels World Invitational Barbecue Competition. "It took me about nine years to perfect my rib recipe... Now you can sink your choppers into some of the best bar-b-que on the planet, right here at Firefly's... And the awards keep piling up to prove it!" Walk into one of our restaurants and, in addition to receiving a warm welcome with Southern-style hospitality, you'll be greeted by the mouthwatering aromas of authentic American bar-b-que. We smoke our meats for up to 12 hours, blending apple, cherry and hickory woods to create the signature red smoke ring that identifies the genuine low-fire, slow-cooking process of true bar-b-que. We offer four different styles of ribs and mop sauces from around the South including North and South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. In addition to bar-b-cue, you'll find many other Southern specialties on our menu including Cracklin' Bread, Fried Chicken, Red Beans 'n Rice, Sweet Potato Pecan Puddin' and more! We're also New England's largest BBQ Caterer catering parties for 20 to 20,000! Be sure to check out our Catering Menu if you're even thinkin' about having a party. Kick back, relax, and enjoy Firefly's award-winning bar-b-que and Southern fare at our restaurant, take a feast home, or let us cater your next big party or get together.
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I used to live in the south so I'm a pretty big critic when it comes to my BBQ. This place is actually pretty good for being in the middle of no where Mass.

1  Thank Zb6782

Reviewed 7 August 2013

What a great idea!!! Firelfy's is typically a dinner location, but they serve lunch out of their BBQ trucks in their parking lot! We frequented them several times during the summer of 2012 and they never failed to hit the target. Great food and fair prices, and everything is cooked right there. Nothing fancy about the service, all outdoor eating, but they open their outdoor patio and let customers sit and eat there. Love it!!

1  Thank Jimed756
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Everything on the menu is top notch award winning BBQ. The Firefly Wings are huge with red pepper honey sauce that is addictive. The Ribs, Brisket and Pulled Pork are as good as anything I've tried down south in BBQ country, as in Memphis, Kansas City, Texas or the Carolina's. I've never been to New Orleans but I would bet the Po' Boys at Firefly's are just as good. Prices are a bit high but for slow smoked melt in your BBQ it's worth it. We also can't leave Firefly's without purchasing a tin of dry rub and a bottle of one of their signature BBQ sauces (Memphis if we are expecting family to visit, Bealzibar if it's just for us). The picnics are a great value if you are feeding a bunch of people, always had leftovers to send home with guests. We have turned my entire family on to Firefly's this way. So they now have fans from Leominster to Maine. Bodacious BBQ you can't go wrong

1  Thank Bruins_Kill_Them_All
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We love good barbecue. Firefly's was our choice for a take-out meal; driving up from Southborough. The parking spaces reserved for "Take-out" were most helpful. There is free valet parking as well, if you stay to eat.
One of our group needed a gluten free entrée....done. I had the pulled pork sandwich. It was up in the top five in my experience. The fries were unexceptional. The slaw was excellent. My son had the brisket, which did not come with sauce....and should have. The atmosphere in the dining room was upbeat....what you expect when people are eating the real deal.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Anytime my in-laws come to town from Burlington MA they ask if the family wants Firefly's. The answer is always yes! The place is fun inside suitable for children. My children love the cornbread, grilled chicken, hamburgers. The pulled chicken and pulled pork tacos are out of this world. The grilled shrimp with white rice is delicious. The service is usually fast and there is always plenty of room because the place is so spacious. We haven't used the deck yet, but maybe this summer!

1  Thank marlboroughgirl

Been to Firefly's BBQ? Share your experiences!