“Very nice property”

Residence Inn Boston Marlborough
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Marlborough
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this property. The suites are spacious, clean and had a very comfortable bed. A consistent complaint I have with most Marriott properties is that the bed's comforter is not heavy enough. This property was no different, but I've just come to expect this from Marriott. The sofa was a little funky -- more like a lounge - that made it awkward for two people to use at the same time; but, overall, I enjoyed my suite a lot. I was very comfortable and felt safe. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the breakfast. Scrambled eggs were rubbery and overcooked; the dining area was much too small -- only three tables and a few chairs at a counter. Having said that, however, the breakfast staff was delightful -- very friendly, helpful people -- as was the staff at the front desk. Since I have business reasons to be in the area, I look forward to returning to the Residence Inn Marlborough.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CAP1953

Reviewed 12 January 2012

My company held it's Christmas party nearby and the guests all stayed at this hotel. The staff were incredibly nice and accomodating. The rooms were beautiful, spacious, clean and well appointed. The entire experience including check-in, shuttle services, breakfast, and check-out were all superb. Thanks for a wonderful time.

Room Tip: all were beautiful and all are suites!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I booked this room for a Junior Hockey showcase. it was very convenient as it is right across the street from the new England Sports center.
It was easy to find and the directions on their website were accurate. Parking was easy with plenty of places, and it was free.
Check in was fast, and the staff were so warm and friendly. We had booked a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite. The room was huge and the fireplace in the living room was AWESOME!!! So affordable and the kitchen was a nice size. The breakfast was great as it had fresh yogurt, fruits, granola and assorted breads and bagels for breakfast and free. We did not stay in the room long as we went straight of for a swim. The indoor pool was an added plus! The location was extremely convenient for me and my hockey player. So easy to hop back and forth between games! Great restaurants nearby and so easy to get back and forth to the city!
We all slept very well, the beds were sooooo... comfortable! My favorite part was every evening having a glass of wine by the fire and also reading the paper in the morning by the fire. A very good deal and great price for a great hockey week!

Checking out was fast and accurate.All the staff we encountered throughout the 5 days stay were so friendly, helpful and hardworking. I will definitely be returning next month for the playoffs!

Room Tip: Definitely get a suite, the fireplace is a great plus!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Upon loosing Adela on a home and our property rented, the Residence Innn opened their doors into their super clean, human, caring and friendly doors. Pet friendly, they really take care of their guests. Miss Linda takes care of the 6 pm snacks for wary travelers and displaced families during the holidays. Not gourmet eats, but she does put care in tending to the needs of her vegetarian and carnivore visitors. She is so sweet. Management and staff. Kid friendly, dog friendly. Indoor pool. Very clean. Thank you Residence inn. One of the better ones I've been to. A little nugget in suburbia, and the keeper of my temporary homeless visit.

Room Tip: Speak with the manager!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2011

The Residence Inn was a great value at $125 p/night for a 2 room suite. The breakfast was good, with a nice variety of food. I also liked that the hotel was close to the mall and target. The staff was friendly. On sight laundry was nice, and the pool was well maintained. My kids liked the basketball court and the putting green. There is a small "store" next to the front desk, were you can purchase snacks, drinks, and other essentials. Most importantly, it was quiet and clean. The only problem we had was the staff charged our credit card, when we specifically asked to pay cash. The problem was resolved, though. All in all, I was impressed.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Nice location close to Solomon Pond Mall (Sears , JCP , Maceys etc)l. I 495 access is not as good as you would expect.

Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. Managers meal Monday - Thursday .
Weekends can get busy (Ice Hockey arena right opposite )
Rooms are good , only issue was the bed must be older than the Hotel (someone wrote it was built 2007) as the Queen sized one I had creaked a lot .

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Nice location close to a mall. Freeway access is not as good as you would expect. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was pretty good. Rooms are typical Residence Inn quality. Would give it a higher rating except for housekeeping. I was there for a week and only received cleaning service 3 times, new sheets once. Had to go to the front desk every night to get clean towels. Yes, the "Do not Disturb" sign was up until we left the room late in the morning. We would then be gone for 5-7 hours, but the room was never cleaned. Finally one morning I didn't hang the "Do not Disturb" sign and got out of bed to let them clean and change the sheets in the morning. I don't think I should have to work my schedule around housekeeping, should be the other way around. Other than that a pretty good experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family