“a nice place to stay”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Marlborough
Uxbridge, Massachusetts, United States
“a nice place to stay”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel was nice and customer service was very good. Room was great. Very spacious and being on the top floor that I requested. My husband and I were staying here due to a wedding we were attending in January. It was a little out of the way but price was just right. We also were dealing with a storm that weekend so we were glad it wasn't too far. The only thing i didn't like was the maze to get to the rooms. Elevator is around the corner and down the hall and then finding the right hallway to your room, but the quietness of the hallways is great so I can deal with the maze to the rooms. Breakfast was good and quick. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed here while on business and based on the other reviews, I decided to give it a shot. They provide breakfast and dinner which is really nice especially if you're always rushing. Rooms are spacious and the kitchen will be a great bonus for those who love cooking. They have a standard size fridge, 2 plate stove, microwave, dishwasher, plates, cups, etc...the whole 9 (even though I didn't use any of these). The staff is approachable and very helpful when you ask.

My biggest issue was with the bathroom. It was very hard for me to take a shower here to be honest. I looked at the shower curtain and it seems it hadn't been changed in ages. I don't know what the standard rules are for changing these type of things in hotel bathrooms but this one hadn't been changed in a looong time. Looking at the bathtub itself, some brownish/rusty stuff goin on. The soapstand itself was nasty too. Maybe that's why they have a spotted tile to hide all the dirt. Based on a $170/night, I expect better than this. The day I checked out, I'm seeing some brownish water coming out of the tape as I'm brushing my teeth and that really disturbed me a lot. I'm not sure if it's an issue in the whole area or it's just the hotel but to think that I've been using this water for the whole time is disturbing. I think I'm looking elsewhere from now on as I don't think I'll be comfortable staying here again. That made me think of how clean their kitchen is.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank L M
GM_RI_Marlborough, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Marlborough, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you so very much for your feedback of your stay here with us. This is valuable information for our team to improve on our gusts experience.
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have been to this hotel a few times before and it's always been great. Breakfast was great; dinner reception first night was superb; second night they had chicken salad wraps which were good but very little else. It was advertised as salad, soups, and sweets. I saw no soup or sweets. Also, all that there was to drink was soda and coffee--the night before they had lemonade and ice water out. Other than that little glitch everything was great--room was fantastic and pool and whirlpool were good--although first day we were there the whirlpool wasn't working--very glad they got that fixed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The room was excellent, room service superb, breakfast not bad, employees very friendly. Not much within walking distance, so you will need a car or public transportation. There is a Super Target down the street. Nice hotel overall.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I will continue to use this hotel in the west suburbs as it is very clean, updated and the staff is outstanding. Easy to get to and from via I495 and I290. WiFi and cable TV are included with a great breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

If you like to shower in brown water and brush your teeth with brown water, then this is the hotel for you! The manager, Ryan, is incredibly rude. When the water would not clear after 15 minutes, the front desk told me to shower at the pool. They will claim that the water is safe and that they are doing all they can, but there is no proof. I would never, ever return here!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank CaliK12345
West New York, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The location is great if you have work in Marlborough area. I travel on business to Marlborough and pick this location for its convenience. The hotel can do better on breakfast - add more quality vs. quantity. I liked the checkout front desk service as I had expressed my concern on room service and restocking of basic amenities in the room. They paid attention to it and ensured that my concern was addressed.

Room Tip: Higher Floor