“Convenient and not too expensive for a conference”

Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Marlborough
Newport, United States
“Convenient and not too expensive for a conference”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Although the price was fine, I find this hotel to be aging and needing an upgrade. The bathroom needs attention to fixtures. I could hear the people in the next room. Elevator goes very slowly and probably needs to be upgraded.

1 Thank Deborah D
rickskinner60, General Manager at Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We do in fact have many upgrades planned in the near future. I hope you can come back soon to enjoy them!
Warm Regards,
Rick Skinner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

The electronic keys do not work so each time I left the room I had to get a new key. Once 7 times. Toilet leaked during night. I slipped in water in middle in middle of night and was injured. No one in management cared. Each night security was sent to room adjacent to me for noise and vulgarity. 9pm-4 pm for 4 nights. Night management never told day management. Seemed since they were booked solid one unhappy guest didn't matter.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Yevet
rickskinner60, General Manager at Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
I am very sorry to hear about your experience. I can assure you that each guest is important to us. Please contact the hotel and ask for Jeff so we can resolve this for you.
Respectfully,
Rick Skinner

Travellers are raving about these Marlborough hotels

Quincy, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

No frills, no major issues. Decent place to stay if your there for a night or two. Plenty of stores, resteraunts in area. Close to Mass Pike and major roadways. Nothing fancy but ok for the money. Would stay there again if the event was at the hotel, but if it was in the area I would try another hote.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again the next time you’re in the area. We have many great amenities that we hope next time you will be able to take part in to experience all that we have to offer. Thanks for your review!
Marlborough, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Nice rooms, beds & pillows comfy. Staff was very friendly. Food in the restaurant was great. Meeting rooms very cold. Bring a sweater or two. The staff was helpful and always courteous and helped when possible. Didn’t get in the pool, but a friend said it was too cold. Lots of arcade games for the kids and big kids! There was some gum on the elevator floor for two days.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

rickskinner60, General Manager at Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
It sounds like you were well taken care of. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to your next stay!
rochester, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Nice hotel, rooms good size and very clean. Hotel is huge, and always kept up and cleaned. Some Restaurant staff should be retrained, and the breakfast buffet should be better and maintained. The elevators were slow in operation. The bedding is excellent, but the pull out couch mattress should be replaced as needed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your detailed review! Our comfy beds are always a guest favorite. I’ve made note of your comments on the restaurant staff and will address them during our next training.
Many Thanks,
Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The place is billed as a business conference center. It is a great location, the overall structure of the hotel is great but the place has just been run into the ground. It is a homeless hotel which means they house homeless people in the winter. I totally understand that people need shelter, it is just a tough mix with business and homeless. People hanging out by the front door smoking. Kids riding skateboards through the parking lot. People screaming at each other like there is no one else in the place. People hanging out in the lobby area in pajamas and sweats. It makes for very off conferences. Rooms are really run down. The place needs a ton on money put into it. It would be a great place if it was redone. The staff however, is fantastic. I have always been treated really well by all that I have come across.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay with us, but glad that you had a fantastic experience with our staff If there is ever an issue, we encourage you to speak with the front desk and they’ll be happy to look into it for you.
Bennington, Vermont
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I booked this hotel through Priceline and got a very good rate. First impressions were that it was hard to find and the lobby was chaotic. I'd actually booked the wrong night and they were able to help me fix it (the only reason I gave it a 2 and not a zero). The room was dated and they put me next to the stairwell. The buffet breakfast was horrible and the staff was even worse. Waited 10 minutes for a table and finally teamed up with total strangers to get a table together so we didn't have to wait any longer. They didn't bring juice or coffee, although I asked several people. My training was there so I decided to have lunch in their lounge...big mistake! Waited for 35 minutes for my food to arrive, staff didn't even know what the soups were, and the food was greasy and my sandwich tasted funny. I didn't feel well afterwards, I'm thinking I had a touch of food poisoning! Even in our training we had cups of mints and the cups had dried soup on the inside of them. So gross!!! Would NEVER go back!

Room Tip: Don't do it!