“Very Disappointed”

Add it.
Lazy Dog Sports Bar & Bistro
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I live in Marlborough and have been thinking about going to Lazy Dog for several years. I was very disappointed with the atmosphere, food, and service. The beers were stale. The food was not very good. The waitress was chewing gum when she took our order. They had a ladder in the middle of floor next to our table the whole time were were there. I realized, I have not missed anything all these years. You are much better off going to 99 restaurant or Picadelly Pub.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

Went to this establishment to enjoy a live band with some friends. The owner had approached me after a short period and asked me to leave. When i asked why he said "you just have to leave" not even able to claim that i was drunk, just had no explanation. I have called them to see if they could offer some reasoning and have not heard back from them. I would not recommend this place to anybody.

1  Thank Otb316
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My son and I visited the Lazy Dog last night. I had driven by many times, but never ventured in. My son raved about the place, so we decided to go. We had had a bad storm which knocked out power to most of the town, so a lot of the restaurants had no power. The Lazy Dog was open with lights on, so we were drawn to it! We were greeted by the owner at the door, who politely told us that the credit card machine was not working due to the power outage, so we needed cash. No problem, I had cash. We seated ourselves at the bar. We were immediately greeted by the bartender, given menus, and ordered drinks. There were only 4 other patrons in the establishment, as they had recently got their power back on and had just opened. Drinks were ample and cheap...i had Stoli Citron with cranberry ...served in a 16 oz glass for less than $6!

The Lazy Dog consists of a 12 seat bar and many high top tables...a separate room also sported high top tables. There were TVs at every angle to ensure you could see the game.

We ordered buffalo wings as an appetizer...they come bone in or boneless..we got bone in. They arrived hot and delicious with plenty of blue cheese dressing. We were each given a plate, several napkins, wetnaps, plus a bowl for the bones. They were moderately spicy and delicious!

For dinner, my son ordered French onion soup and I had the pulled pork sandwich on the recommendation of our bartender. The soup was yummy with lots of gooey cheese on top. My sandwich was ample with plenty of batter dipped french fries that were perfectly crisp. The pulled pork was excellent...sweet and tender with plenty of sauce. I couldn't finish it all...left some fries and the top of the bun. The plate also had a small portion of very good cole slaw...would have loved more of that!

Service was great...our bartender/server was very professional and made us feel welcome. She was chatty without being overbearing...loved her! The best part of the meal was the check...we had 2 cocktails, 2 draft beers, appetizer, soup, and the sandwich for only $40 dollars! This place is a hidden jewel and I will definitely go back!

Reviewed 5 May 2011

Will never go back again from the poor service to the mediocre food to the "tony tough guy" bikers running around. One meal arrived from the kitchen and we were waiting on the other. Caught the attention of the waitress after 10 minutes and we found out she didn't put the order in correctly. The meal arrived 15 minutes later. Did she comp the meal?? No. This place is a joke.

1  Thank jmac01752
Reviewed 28 November 2010

We have been looking at this restaurant for 8 years...and never do we think to go! We passed it on the way home today and decided to stop in for a late lunch.

It was an odd time so service was scarce...but not tardy.

All 3 of us got more food than we could handle! The "cup" of clam chowder was HUGE! A meal in itself.

Good taste, friendly staff, good prices...we will be going back,
(and I suggest you go hungry!)