“Tasty fisherman's platter, without overwhelming you”

The Fish Restaurant and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fish Restaurant and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 152 Restaurants in Marlborough
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Corner of Route 20 & Route 85
Transit: Located right next to the local bus line stop.
Description: "Make Life Fresh!"™ Fresh food and social relaxation are two of life's essentials. Our goal at Fish is to make your life a little fresher. 25 years of seafood experience and a passion for great wine combine to
Amherst, NH
“Tasty fisherman's platter, without overwhelming you”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

By that I mean they served a decent sized portion of food, but not huge, as many fisherman's platter's tend to do. And, it was very, very tasty - well done batter, not overwhelming, and the fries were a combination of shoe string yet not crunchy.

• Visited March 2014

Boston
“Birthday dinner”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Last night my wife and I and our 2 sons went to dinner at Fish Restaurant in Marlborough, Ma. In brief, the food was well prepared and tasty, portions were quite small and prices were a bit high for the area. They have a very nice $1.00 oyster offer with local oysters at $1.00 each and others at $1.50. There is a oyster, clam tasting appetizer that looks good. I had scallops with romanescu sauce and fingerling potatoes, really small potatoes. We also had an appetizer of crispy calamari (careful, it has some spicy peppers mixed in) and crab cakes. You get two small crab cakes for the appetizer. One son had a fried seafood plate. Pretty good although he was not impressed with the french fries. My wife was pleased with surf and turf dish. The wait staff was good and attentive. Seating comfortable. I would say that if you are going to have a glass partition so the kitchen is visible, you should steam clean the stainless so it does not show greas stains or smoke stains and you should have better venting of smoke and odors. All in all, we had a good time and I would recommend this restaurant. Four of us with drinks and tip, about $240.00.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Samson13Boston
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
“Live jazz and delicious food”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My third time to Fish -this time we were a party of 4 with a 7:00pm reservation. The hostess seated us promptly near the kitchen, which was bustling and quite smokey. Because of the smoke, we requested to move to another booth which was kindly accommodated. Service was friendly but a little slow and inattentive at times (empty water glasses twice). Fried calamari was perfect- wish the portion was larger. Shrimp cocktail was nice and snappy with delicious cocktail sauce. Grouper special was amazing - light & fresh. Our table shared a vanilla bean creme brûlée which was a perfect way to end the meal. Bartenders are top notch. Their drink specials change with the seasons. I would recommend the Vermont Sour for a twist on the old traditional whiskey sour. Decent selection of wines by the glass if you don't want to spend an exorbitant amount on a bottle.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank 673sheric
Massachusetts
“Love the Jazz & Delicious food very small portions”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Love the atmoshere especially the live jazz trios who play on Friday & Saturdat night. The best clam chowder! In the beginning felt rushed by the waiter to order food, once we politely let it be know that would not be rushed the waiter was very accommodating. The food is delicious, however even with appts both my husband and my friend's husband were still hungery. My husband and I enjoy good food and don't need huge portions however these are on the small size. We've been here several times before mostly ate at the bar and listened to the jazz band. We will probably end up eating appts at the bar and skip eating in the restaurant. There were 2 couples - two of us had the clam chowder and our hubands had the oyster raw bar 1/2 dozen. Two of us had the swordfish which was perfectly cooked, my husband had the tuna which he raved about and my firend had the scallops which her husband kept picking from once he finished his meal. We planned to order the chocolate dessert but they ran out of it at lunch time so instead we had the creme brulee with fresh strawberries and whipped cream, which was very good. After dinner we sat in the lounge listening to the jazz band. Nice time over all just had a couple men still looking for food when the meal was done. Given the price of a meal I do agree with other reviewers the portions could be a little big larger, especially given this is not Boston or NY. I think the restaurant would draw a more steady clientel who would be willing to pay the higher price than the surrounding restaurants in the area if the portions were a bit larger or slightly reduce the price of their entrees. I would give Fish a 5 rating if the guys in our group hadn't left the table feeling like they still could eat more. Not talking full here but satisfied.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Kuzzy_P
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
“Fish”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Looking forward to a seafood meal, not being from the east. "The Fish Restaurant" did not disappoint. My twin lobster tails were hot, flavorful and the service was great. My martini was cold and the mood was calm. I'd recommend!

Visited January 2014