“Muy Authentico!”

Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
kennebunk
“Muy Authentico!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Cheerful, airy, rustic decor. We were charmed by the name, as our favorite Mexican place in Maine is Los Tapatios, and we loved the Tacos Jalisco truck back in California. We were richly rewarded with delicious tostadas and soft tacos, similar to the taco truck offerings, only better, served up on plates at a table with a fine selection of Mexican beers. The carnitas were delicious as was the taco al pastore, and the camaron tostada was heavenly. We had not before encountered the candied fruit called "La Tapatia" and it was delicious! We don't live in the area, but we will certainly go back when we can. Gracias, Tapatias! The cheerful proprietors were very accommodating and fun to chat with, as well.

• Visited April 2014

New Jersey
“Authentic Mexican food”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Small family-run restaurant a bit off the beaten path. Fun atmosphere, very friendly staff and the most fresh, authentic Mexican food I have had in a long time. Complimentary chips and salsa and good selection of Mexican beer. The tamales are perfect! Mom sends the food from the kitchen in random order as she prepares it. Portions are not huge, but you will not leave hungry or disappointed. Ala carte selections a better value than combo platters. Very modest prices. Winner of the “Best Taco” Presented by the Association of
Mexican Restaurants of New England at Taco Fest 2013!

• Visited March 2014
Hudson, Massachusetts
“So so...”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My wife and I visited this on a Sunday evening. The restaurant portion had two other tables being served while we were there. Our table was wobbly and the chair I sat in was loose. We were attended to relatively quickly and placed an order for guacamole and tamales as appetizers. We also ordered water WITHOUT ice but the waitress didn't relay that part and both came with ice. The guacamole and tamales were excellent. My wife was disappointed at the plastic bowl the guacamole came in as it looked like the stone ones we've seen in other restaurants. My chicken enchiladas came and were rather bland and looked lonely on the plate.
We also ordered the flan for dessert and were disappointed at the unusual texture in this. Typically, flan in one of my wife's favorite desserts and she only had one bite before we discarded the rest.
Overall, I'll not be going back.

• Visited March 2014
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“Good mexican food”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I go there for lunch. The food is great and the service quick. Always crowded at lunchtime. The lunch crowd is made up of local people. There is free parking across the street.

• Visited February 2014
New Waterford, Ohio
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

The food was good, but was pricey for what you get. You must request complimentary nachos. No free refills on soft drinks, and any combo platters are at least $14.00. $35.00 for 2 to eat and I left hungry. I will not be back.

• Visited December 2013