“Love this hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Marlborough
Woodbridge, Connecticut
“Love this hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This hotel is really very lovely from the moment you walk in. The lobby looks very comfortable and inviting, and I was met at check-in by two smiling faces. I was upgraded to an executive level double room - 2 double beds in a separate bedroom and a living/dining area with a pull-out couch. Also had a coffee/microwave area. The furniture and bedding looked like new. The kids loved the pool area which was small but very nice - it was decorated as an indoor courtyard area with tables and lounge chairs all around the pool/whirlpool. There are several restaurants nearby - walking distance using the access road behind the hotel. We ordered room service from the restaurant in the hotel, and it was very good and not too expensive. Plus, the person who delivered our meal called a few minutes later to say she had realized that she forgot to leave us ketchup and did we want her to run back up with it? At night, there was a lit firepit right outside of the lobby. The free breakfast was amazing - scrambled eggs, bacon, home fries, sausage, an omelet bar, fresh fruit, cereal, something for everyone. Even Hershey syrup to make chocolate milk - it is obviously someone thinks about the small details here.
I'd be happy to come back here in the future if my travels take me to Marlborough again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tyrajama
BOSMAES, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear Tyrajama,
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience. We'll look forward to your return when your travels bring you back to Marlborough. On behalf of the entire staff thank you for noticing their efforts.

Safe Travels and regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Connecticut, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed twice in late February this year. This hotel has a lot of amenities and space. Things I like the most: very comfortable bed, good linens, bath amenities, heated pool, arcade room, and their service. After snow storm, they even cleaned snow off cars' roofs - nice touch. They have reasonable breakfast with many hot and items and fruit. Pleasantly surprise to enjoy evening reception on a weekend (most hotels do it only on weekdays). I liked their reliable Internet in rooms. The only thing is in need of change -some carpets (especially in elevators). It would be also nice to have ability to charge arcade on the room . It is a good hotel overall and close to where I need to be.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Embassy Suites Marlborough is a great place to stay. The staff is continuosly friendly and helpful. It is a great hotel for the Famiky or Business. I stay here at least once a month on business. Never any problems and always clean. The free breakfast is a plus and very plentiful with the choices. The food and drinks are great and so is the atmosphere. I will continue to stay here.

Room Tip: Rm 107 is a smokers suite, however has a complete kitchen with dishwasher and fireplace. If you dont...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
BOSMAES, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Sd102392,
Please ask for me next time you are in house as I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to share your experience and remarks. True, the breakfast is very popular and so is the room you referenced with many of our frequent guests requesting it specifically. While many of our extended Embassy Suites Family have their own special reason for making this their home away from home the service levels, staff, and hospitality are amongst the top on their lists.
Safe travels and we will look forward to your return!

Bethel, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stayed here for three nights in January. Upon check-in I was promptly upgraded to a room with a full kitchen, separate bedroom, and electric fireplace. The room was FREEZING when I got there. The heat was all the way up and blowing cold air. I was happy for the fireplace, as I didn't want to change rooms. I decided to try the fireplace to see if it would warm the room and soon the entire suite was warm and toasty. In the mornings it took forever to get hot water for a shower but it did get there eventually. The staff was fantastic, they hunted down a can-opener when I needed one, and were always smiling and friendly throughout my stay. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear SonoGirl8,
Thanks for staying with us and your comments. I am glad we were able to upgrade you to one of our full kitchen suites. Ideal for families, extended stay guests and those relocating to the area, they are generally in high demand. The fireplaces do have electronic heat and display, and I'm glad you were able to get the room warm and toasty. I'll review your comments with our chief engineer as it is rare we have challenges with hot water. On behalf of our team members who strive so hard to exceed expectations I thank you for your kind remarks.
We will look forward to welcoming back!
With regards,
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

This is one of the smaller Embassy Suites I have stayed in - room was clean so I guess you can't ask for much more than that - convenient to highways, shopping. The Front Desk Clerk was helpful even though I had to ask twice where the elevator was.

My biggest problem was returning back to my room and finding the door WIDE OPEN. Thank Goodness no one was in the room. I called the Front Desk and quite honestly they acted like what is the big deal? The response I got was "We'll call Housekeeping" and that was it. I never heard back. That's not very good customer service and not sure I would stay here again with that kind of response!

1 Thank BusTrav106
BOSMAES, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear BusTrav106,
While I will be reaching out personally, let me assure you that the safety and security of our guests and their belongings are of utmost importance. Finding your door open upon your return is unacceptable as was the response and follow up from guest services. This is certainly not our standard.
We appreciate your positive remarks as well and with your additional insight we will investigate further to insure the policies and procedures we have in place are always adhered to.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

I always enjoy staying at this property - its one of thebest Embassy Suites that I frequent.
I usually meet my local client for dinner at the Longhorn which is within easy walking distance so that's a huge plus for me as well.

1 Thank hiflya
Dear Hiflya,
Thank you for your comments and we are glad to be one of your favorites. It is all about convenience and our location is one of the points of differentiation when looking at hotels in our area. In addition to Corcoran's, our own full service restaurant and lounge, we are literally steps away from a dozen options immediately behind the hotel providing safe and easy access.

We will look forward to your return on your next business trip to Marlborough.

With regards,
Roselle Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

This hotel was very nice starting with its' hospitality to the free breakfast with ready made omelettes! I had a wonderful two night stay and I have no complaints about the place. When I went to the concierge to ask about toothepaste or shaving supplies, they said it was complimentary. I couldn't ask for a more pleasant stay. I would not turn down a stay at any of the Embassey Suites if they are all like this one. If you are in the area, you must stay here!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear Ripjoga,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind remarks. We do receive many kudos on our breakfast and of course the complimentary breafkast represents one of Embassy Suites value adds to our guests. I am glad we were able to help out with the toiletry items as well. Who hasn't been on the road and managed to forget one of those items? It is all about hospitality!

Thank you again for your consideration.