“Marriott Courtyard Marlborough MA”

Courtyard Boston Marlborough
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Marlborough
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Staying at the Courtyard in Marlborough MA is really staying at Mary's Marriott. Mary Simone is the general manager there and has been there for over 10 years and she treats all her guests there as if they were guests at her house. She has also employed that attitude in all her employees as well. She has competitors on Route 20 with other national chains BUT she has no competition when it comes to service and hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Mary S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Boston Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey regarding your most recent stay with us! We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Boston Marlborough was enjoyable.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Arrived late at night. This hotel was enroute to our final destination. Our room was clean and well furnished. The beds were comfy. Good bathroom products (Paul Mitchell). I do wish a continental breakfast had been included in the rate.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Mary S, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We always welcome comments about our hotel and service. I have shared your comments with my staff.Hope to see you soon and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We had a local wedding at 3pm and checkout was at noon. With nowhere else to go, we asked for an extended checkout and were only granted a 1/2 hour. We managed to work our way around the problem, but we felt we should have been accomodated being Marriott timeshare owners and Elite members,
The rooms were spacious and very clean with a comfortable Queen bed. Bathrooms spotless with all the necessities. I expect more from Marriott.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Mary S, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time for letting us know about your recent stay. We welcome comments about our hotel and are of course very happy when our guest enjoyed thier stay. I appologize that we were unable to extend your late check out. It is always our goal to meet guest request and when we do not I am very concerned. Thank you again for letting us know and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to serve you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Two recent week-ends I had the pleasure of staying at the Courtyard Marriott Boston Marlborough for 5 nights total as well as participating in meetings and banquets.
The staff is super friendly, the feeling you get is that it is more like a family atmosphere than a "job".
The meals (all 7 lunches and dinners) were delicious and the chef and staff were willing to work with our group to accommodate our requests. Wait staff was superb - pleasant and accommodating!
Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. I did not hear anything from other guests.
The lobby area was recently updated.
Logistics for our meetings were completely taken care of by sales staff.
Breakfast bar had ample fruit and yogurt - my favs.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel - especially with easy access to Rt 495 and proximity to Boston.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. In today's busy world time is very precious.I have shared your comment with the staff.Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here while attending the Boston Marathon. The hotel is relatively new, with a nice lobby, lobby restaraunt, small exercise facitlity. The room was comfortable and was a good value for the price charged and included the buffet breakfast.

The hotel is about 25 minutes from downtown Bosoton and also offered convenient access to the T line but there was no place to park there anyway.

All in all a very nice experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review.We appreciate the opportunity to be your home away from home while traveling to the greater Marlborough area.I have shared your wonderful comments with my staff. Thank you again for allowing us to serve you.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We've been coming to Marlborough about 4x per year for the past 8 years. This is the first time our team drew this hotel, so here we are.

For starters, I requested a room in a quiet location on a high floor away from elevators and vending machines. A week out, I added a second room. I even called, a week out, not only to confirm 2 rooms, but to ask that they be connected since this is 2 adults and 1 child, and to confirm the request for a high floor, away from the elevator.

I got here at 7 p.m. to check in. The place is far from full. I got a room on the 2nd floor right in front of the elevator. One of the two rooms is an accessible room. The closet is too shallow for the hangers. The beds are knee height. What gives? I was in a hurry at this point to get to the kid's hockey game, but I should have gone back to the lobby to request a different arrangement. As other reviewers pointed out, the walls are thin. So in addition to hearing the neighbors' TVs and conversations, I get to hear the ping of the elevators everytime they pass our floor, all night long. I also get to hear all of the people passing by our door, which thankfully stopped at about 1 a.m. But this is why I requested what I requested, and why I called to confirm the request. "Vinny" even told me when I'd called that he had our rooms connected and on the 5th floor. Again, what gives?

We got back to the hotel at about 11 p.m. I was told they don't sell beer after 11. Fair enough. That's Massachusetts law and not the hotel. But the bar was still open. So after I confirmed that I could not purchase a beer to take to my room, I bought a beer at the bar and went up to my room. Again, this was "Vinny" who, unapologetic, had told me that I could not buy a beer.

Reading the reviews, I knew better than to eat at the hotel. We went to Jake's coffee shop in Marlborough. Outrageously good, very old fashioned, no pretense. Highly recommend for breakfast or lunch, BTW.

I don't think management is so great. Our room wasn't cleaned before 10 when we got back from breakfast (not a problem) so it was skipped when housekeeping came around when we were showering. I called the lobby, per the instructions on the card that housekeeping had left at about 11 (reasonable) and requested cleaning. Housekeeping was at the room within 5 minutes. She was delayed in cleaning because some manager decided to berate her, here in the hallway, in my hearing, for about 5 minutes. I'd call that unprofessional and demeaning. I made sure to tip the gal, who did a fine job. But really, it's the housekeeping manager who needs training, not the room cleaner! It's just after noon and the rooms are clean.

I gave it 3 stars because it is average for HERE. It is below average generally and certainly for the price paid. It is clean, but not especially nice. Trying the gym now for the extra $10, which seems reasonable if it is indeed a full gym. We much prefer the Embassy Suites. Although it is almost always full, the service is just better all around. The Royal whatever Best Western is awful. The DoubleTree on 9 isn't bad, but farther away. Trying the Residence Inn across the rink for the first time next month. Still Marriott. Hope it's better.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor away from the elevators. Call to confirm that this is what you have requested...
1  Thank UWSMom
Mary S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Boston Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience about your stay at the Courtyard Boston Marlborough.

You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory due to a various of different factors. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced, as we take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction and our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. Our hotel blocks hockey teams together for the convenience of the team, and I apologize that your request for a high floor was unmet, however your team was all blocked together on the second floor. For your future stays we would be happy to block you outside of the hockey team to accommodate these requests. For the issues that you experienced with our housekeeping department, we have taken corrective action and have addressed the issues you mentioned.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

located about 45 minutes from Boston downtown this hotel is great for a stay over weekends or also longer. Nice room equipment, bath, comfortable beds and pillows.

Numerous restaurants are in walking distance.

Great service of the staff - left me with nothing to complain about at a reasonable price! Full recommendation!!! Any time again!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not pointed to the highway.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo