“Thinnest walls ever”

Courtyard Boston Marlborough
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Marlborough
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My family & I stayed here last night as a stopover while traveling north. We got a great rate, and requested a rollaway, and everything was there when we checked in. However, when we got our DD to bed, a group of people came into the next room and we heard their conversation like they were standing next to our bed. We could even hear their cell phones! In the middle of the night, someone sneezed in the next room, and woke us up!
No breakfast included, but there was a buffet that was a bit pricey for what was offered.
My DD and I did enjoy the warm pool in the evening.
Unfortunately we did not get much rest, due to the poorly soundproofed walls

Stayed: June 2014
Mary S, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced . As a result of your review we are investigating options for soundpoofing. Again, thank you for letting us know of your stay with us , and I certainly hope you will give us an opportunity serve again when your travel plans bring you back to Marlborough area.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel is not very well located if you are looking to visit Boston. The closest T station is located at a good 10 min walk and it is not the safest line / stop in the city. The rooms are spacious, so are the bathrooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Mary S, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Marlborough Courtyard. I understand that you were disappointed in the location of the hotel and not being in downtown Boston. Our location is 27 miles outside of the city with nearest T line being 8 miles away. The hotel is located in a residential neighborhood. I am sorry for the miss understanding in regards to our location.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Can't really go wrong with that can you? Friendly staff, clean comfy rooms. I always enjoy my stay here. The one thing I'd like to see is full HD tv but then you usually don't get that anywhere. Free USA Today daily.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Mary S, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to let us know about your recent stay.We welcome comments about our Hotel and are very happy when we have satisfied guest. In the future if your travel plans bring you back to Marlborough, I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Mary Simone

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Staying at the Courtyard in Marlborough MA is really staying at Mary's Marriott. Mary Simone is the general manager there and has been there for over 10 years and she treats all her guests there as if they were guests at her house. She has also employed that attitude in all her employees as well. She has competitors on Route 20 with other national chains BUT she has no competition when it comes to service and hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Mary S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Boston Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey regarding your most recent stay with us! We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Boston Marlborough was enjoyable.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Arrived late at night. This hotel was enroute to our final destination. Our room was clean and well furnished. The beds were comfy. Good bathroom products (Paul Mitchell). I do wish a continental breakfast had been included in the rate.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We always welcome comments about our hotel and service. I have shared your comments with my staff.Hope to see you soon and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We had a local wedding at 3pm and checkout was at noon. With nowhere else to go, we asked for an extended checkout and were only granted a 1/2 hour. We managed to work our way around the problem, but we felt we should have been accomodated being Marriott timeshare owners and Elite members,
The rooms were spacious and very clean with a comfortable Queen bed. Bathrooms spotless with all the necessities. I expect more from Marriott.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Mary S, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time for letting us know about your recent stay. We welcome comments about our hotel and are of course very happy when our guest enjoyed thier stay. I appologize that we were unable to extend your late check out. It is always our goal to meet guest request and when we do not I am very concerned. Thank you again for letting us know and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to serve you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Two recent week-ends I had the pleasure of staying at the Courtyard Marriott Boston Marlborough for 5 nights total as well as participating in meetings and banquets.
The staff is super friendly, the feeling you get is that it is more like a family atmosphere than a "job".
The meals (all 7 lunches and dinners) were delicious and the chef and staff were willing to work with our group to accommodate our requests. Wait staff was superb - pleasant and accommodating!
Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. I did not hear anything from other guests.
The lobby area was recently updated.
Logistics for our meetings were completely taken care of by sales staff.
Breakfast bar had ample fruit and yogurt - my favs.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel - especially with easy access to Rt 495 and proximity to Boston.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. In today's busy world time is very precious.I have shared your comment with the staff.Thank you again for your kind words.