“Bad wifi”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Marlborough
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Bad wifi”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Not sure if I was there on a bad day but I got a very bad wifi. Spotty to say the least. People at reception showed some understanding, but there was very little they could do.
Other than that, the hotel is conveniently located in terms of highway access. And the rest is just what you already know of any other Courtyard in the country.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Mary S, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Marlborough, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for letting us know about the poor WIFI connection. Please accept my apology for the inconveniences you experienced . We were able to identify the problem due to your comment.. It is only when we recieved comments such as yours that we able to improve our services.Thank you again for letting us know about your stay, and I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the not too distant future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I would not recommend staying here if you're planning to tour Boston. You'll have to pay tolls along the way and it is a 40 minute drive in non-rush hour traffic. I was here for a wedding in Southborough which was perfect. The room smelled like it used to be a smoking room and the scent still lingers. But the king size room was large and clean and the hotel is close to the highway.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you fro taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We welcome comments about our hotel especially when we exceed our service standards. it is only with comments suchas yours that we can only get better. Thank you for staying with and we hope to see soon.

Mary
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The property look fairly new, and may be nicer than most Courtyards, however there were several fails in service this last trip. First off, they ignore the profile preferences, One on my important requests is 100% feather pillows. When I tried to turn in that first night, I had nothing but what I call beach ball pillows, the opposite of what I requested. I called down and requested a couple feather pillows (On the late side, say 10:45). I waited for about 40 minutes and no pillows arrived. I called down a second time and the guest services person said something like "You meant today?" Finally a couple of pillows arrived. Only one was a feather pillow and I asked again. Got a second feather pillow shortly after. The entire episode took roughly an hour, during which I really wanted to go to sleep. The other annoyance is the coffee situation. Coutyards have never had free breakfast, but they have always had coffee in the lobby, which made up fro the crappy coffee service int the room. (Only 2 packs of "powdered" creamer, enough for one small cup of coffee). They decided that they would remove the coffee, presumably so they can charge for it, but the restaurant was not even open by the time I left this am. Since coffee is a mandatory on my list, I will not be returning to this Hotel, in spite of my Marriott Platinum status and a Marriott preference.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Mary S, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Marlborough, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Marlborugh Courtyard. We welcome comments about hotel and are ,of course, very concerned when a guest is dissatisfied in any way.
Although, we strive for perfection, we can at times fall short of the mark. It is from comments such as yours that we are able to improve pir performance. I apologized for all the shortcomings of our staff, and can assure you that this is not normal service.
Again thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.
Mary
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Very accommodating staff and facility..plenty of food options close by, and easy access to major highway. Room was comfy, fitness room was decent, and pool was fine, albeit small. Great parking on site-free!! Little market is a bit pricey, but forgery store is right around the corner.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your review on your recent stay. I have shared your review and comments with my staff and your kind words are very appreciated. I sincerely hope we will see you soon when traveling to the Marlborough area.
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My family & I stayed here last night as a stopover while traveling north. We got a great rate, and requested a rollaway, and everything was there when we checked in. However, when we got our DD to bed, a group of people came into the next room and we heard their conversation like they were standing next to our bed. We could even hear their cell phones! In the middle of the night, someone sneezed in the next room, and woke us up!
No breakfast included, but there was a buffet that was a bit pricey for what was offered.
My DD and I did enjoy the warm pool in the evening.
Unfortunately we did not get much rest, due to the poorly soundproofed walls

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced . As a result of your review we are investigating options for soundpoofing. Again, thank you for letting us know of your stay with us , and I certainly hope you will give us an opportunity serve again when your travel plans bring you back to Marlborough area.
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel is not very well located if you are looking to visit Boston. The closest T station is located at a good 10 min walk and it is not the safest line / stop in the city. The rooms are spacious, so are the bathrooms.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mary S, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Marlborough, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Marlborough Courtyard. I understand that you were disappointed in the location of the hotel and not being in downtown Boston. Our location is 27 miles outside of the city with nearest T line being 8 miles away. The hotel is located in a residential neighborhood. I am sorry for the miss understanding in regards to our location.
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Can't really go wrong with that can you? Friendly staff, clean comfy rooms. I always enjoy my stay here. The one thing I'd like to see is full HD tv but then you usually don't get that anywhere. Free USA Today daily.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Mary S, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Marlborough, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to let us know about your recent stay.We welcome comments about our Hotel and are very happy when we have satisfied guest. In the future if your travel plans bring you back to Marlborough, I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Mary Simone