“Good Location and Quiet”

Courtyard Boston Marlborough
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Marlborough
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Good Location and Quiet”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Being a Marriot Rewards member, I try to look for the Marriot brand of hotels/inns to stay in. I was in business for a large company in Marlboro, which had a corporate discount with this CY in Marlboro.

As goldilocks would say, this hotel was perfect!. Had a mid-level floor (4th) and heard no noise from anywhere, nothing from the highway or adjourning rms. I was in the Bistro and got a quick snack, but the area is very nice, colorful and well lighted; plenty of tables as well as a sit-in area, like a bar. Plenty of HD TV's in the Bistro area too. And they have Starbucks coffee.

Rooms are very large and very clean. The AC was constantly blowing even in low speed, but this was not noticeable at all. Bed was comfortable and plenty of pillows.
The only items worth mentioning needing minor improvement were: there was no hi-def tv channels in the room and WiFi was slow at best. I ended up using my own cell phone's data service. These were not problems for me since my stay was minimal.
Did not stay for breakfast as I head to out early the next morning. I will stay here again which I will, since I have continuing business in the area.

Room Tip: Higher floor appeared to be quieter. Have a room away from the highway (that faces the back)
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel during a skating competition at the New England Sports Complex in July. I had a very good experience- it is very clean and modern. I had no problems with noise, and there were plenty of families staying there for the competition. The hotel is in a great location; right off of Rt. 495, and it is about 10 minutes away from the N.E. Sports Complex. There are many restaurants and also a grocery store right down the street. The only thing is that there is only the main entrance and a side entrance through the convention section; so it's a bit of a hike when walking from the hotel side of the parking lot to the front door, so get ready to walk. If you like other Courtyard hotels, you will like this one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Mary S, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Marlborough, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to offer us valuable feedback on your experience. We appreciate all comments about our hotel and are especially pleased when we exceed expecations. I will share your comments with my staff. We hope to see you soon and thank you for choosing the Marlborough Courtyard as your home when travelling..

Mary Simone GM
Tampa Bay, FL
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our skating team stayed at this hotel for a week-long competition and it was a good choice. The rooms are nicely decorated and clean, beds very comfortable and the place appears to be well managed. We didn't find our room on the 5th floor to be too noisy.

We ate at the Bistro a few times and all we tried was very delicious and reasonably priced. I think the Bistro menu is the same at all Courtyards, at least the branding looked consistent.

We also had breakfast buffet a couple days, even though it wasn't included with our stay, and it was good: eggs, sausages, bacon, waffles, the usual selection. Unlike some other Courtyards we tried, this one has a separate breakfast buffet area, so if you just want coffee, you don't need to stand in line with breakfast folks.

Would definitely stay again. If planning to go to a competition at New England sports complex, there is a closer hotel, Residence Inn, right across the street from the rink. That one sells out well in advance, though. Courtyard is the next closest hotel, about 10 minutes away, a pleasant drive through nice neighborhoods.

Room Tip: For quieter room, ask to be away from sports teams.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Mary S, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Marlborough, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.We hope to host you again and have the opportunity to serve you in the near future.
Hamburg, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Our recent stay here was very average. We have no complaints, but nothing was great about it either. Our room was clean and fairly updated. The room was a bit noisy overnight as you can here the highway that is directly behind it. The rooms use ceramic coffee mugs which grosses me out because they simply get wiped out by housekeeping rather than getting washed in a dishwasher. I much prefer disposable cups at hotels.... There was no complimentary breakfast which was disappointing. Staff was friendly, but no one went out of their way to make you feel welcome... I would stay here again if I had to, but would probably look into other options first, preferably a place with free breakfast :)

Stayed July 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I am a huge Marriott fan. First stay here. Everything clean and fresh, except the 2-week old air conditioning unit. The compressor is chugging away so loudly that we had to shut it off for the night so we could sleep. Maintenance man could not determine the problem and the hotel is filled so we're SOL tonight. Also, the bulk of the parking is behind the building with no back entrance, so you have to walk all the way around to enter the hotel or to get to your car. Strange set up. Final gripe is about the free WIFI in-room. Terrible connections on all our devices. It was easier to shut down the wifi and use lte time. Are they intentionally trying to force us to paid wifi?? However, all associates are pleasant, professional and sincerely interested in making my stay comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mary S, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Marlborough, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.We have taken corrective actions, training for A/C unit and WIFI trouble shooting to prevent these errors from happening again. I also apologize you were unable to get a park out front of the hotel. I certainly hope you will give us the opprotunity to serve you again when your travel plans bring you back to the Marlborough area.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Not sure if I was there on a bad day but I got a very bad wifi. Spotty to say the least. People at reception showed some understanding, but there was very little they could do.
Other than that, the hotel is conveniently located in terms of highway access. And the rest is just what you already know of any other Courtyard in the country.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Mary S, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Marlborough, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for letting us know about the poor WIFI connection. Please accept my apology for the inconveniences you experienced . We were able to identify the problem due to your comment.. It is only when we recieved comments such as yours that we able to improve our services.Thank you again for letting us know about your stay, and I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the not too distant future.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I would not recommend staying here if you're planning to tour Boston. You'll have to pay tolls along the way and it is a 40 minute drive in non-rush hour traffic. I was here for a wedding in Southborough which was perfect. The room smelled like it used to be a smoking room and the scent still lingers. But the king size room was large and clean and the hotel is close to the highway.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you fro taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We welcome comments about our hotel especially when we exceed our service standards. it is only with comments suchas yours that we can only get better. Thank you for staying with and we hope to see soon.

Mary