Quality Inn
US$151
Hyatt.com
US$134
Fairfield Inn
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have been staying at this hotel 10-16 nights a year for the past three years, and have had mixed experiences there. It has recently changed from a Comfort to Quality Inn in the past two months. The lobby, hallways, and the bathrooms are "tired". I have been in rooms where the toilet rocked and was not securely bolted to the floor, some of the showers were little more than a drizzle, and in one room, the phone didn't work, and when I reported that I was told I didn't know how to use it! REALLY??? And I'm old enough to remember dial phones and "party" lines! Sometimes the staff has been "short" with me and other customers, but now that they know me, I don't really have that issue. Most of that may be a cultural difference with the staff.
The breakfast is typical, and occasionally they do run out of items. I stay here mostly because of the location for work, and the internet service is reasonably good. There are a number of chain restaurants just down the road, along with a small mall, so dining isn't an issue. I would recommend this hotel for business travel as a less expensive option than the hotels in downtown Worcester.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the south side of the hotel, they seem to be quieter there.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevan M
Reviewed 30 September 2013

A bit difficult to find in the dark, but the room was clean,.comfortable & certainly centrally located in Marlborough, MA with access to major highways. The breakfast was plain & simple - but it was free, Did not try the internet though this is probably the first place ever that offered up the access code at check-in without our having to ask. Location was quiet & mattresses seemed new - impressive. if you're looking to watch TV though, reception - supposedly cable - is not the greatest. And yes, we mentioned this to the staff at checkout.

Room Tip: We noted several 'accessible' rooms as we made our way down the hallway on the first floor. Did not notice elevatores & handicapped access is from a side door only, but they did have a cart to help carry luggage in the main lobby
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Yatin P, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for your review! Hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

This was our second trip to Marlborough in the last month for sports events. Our first one was to the Hampton Inn in Marlborough, which was fantastic. We booked the Comfort Inn accidentally - we thought this was where teammates were staying. Once we figured out the mistake, I tried to change the reservation through Priceline. Priceline was reasonably helpful, but said that the decision to waive the 24 hour cancellation was up to the local hotel (I had booked the room 2 hours prior to this conversation, so cancelling the previous day was not an option that I could figure out). Anyway, back and forth, back and forth... local management is telling me that Choice Hotels won't let them cancel it, and that I should call them directly. Choice has no idea why I got forwarded to them, and depending on the staff person says it's up to Priceline or the local management. One Choice "customer service" person hung up on me when I asked to speak to her supervisor.

Anyway, we've paid for the room, so we decided to stay. We got inside for a brief stop before going out to another game. I used the bathroom, and happened to notice that there was a big black smudge on one of the facecloths, and that one of the 4 towels looked like it had been used to wash a car. I looked around a bit, and found stains on two of the pillows. I returned all to the front desk. The manager's reaction was, "What? You want another room, or what? What do you want?" I told him I either wanted another room or clean linens in mine. He sent his assistant up with linens about 10 minutes later, and we left for the hockey rink.

We got back late at night, and I looked around the room some more. Stains on the top of the bedspread. Stains on the bed skirt and the floor underneath it. Trash under the bed. Smudges and grime on the light switches. Stains on the chair. A stain that looked like someone had urinated on the wall opposite the toilet. I had already tried several times to get a refund on the room, and it was late at night, so we threw the bedspreads on the floor and went uneasily to sleep. In the morning, after cleaning my own table for breakfast, we ate and left as soon as possible. Awful place with awful management.

Room Tip: The best way to get a good room at this property is to turn you car around in the parking lot and go to another hotel. Or just sleep in the car, which is probably much cleaner.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Yatin P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for your review, I am sorry to hear about your recent experience at our facility. We are now a QUALITY INN and have a new management team in place to deliever outstanding customer service.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

The hotel is not well maintained, but the rooms are clean and the bed sleeps well. I found my decafe coffee full of grounds. When I told two different people,nothing was done about it. I had regular coffee instead. The hotel is close to the freeway, a mall and our son and his wife. But hotels are pricey in this area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carl_retired
Reviewed 12 December 2012

loved it great place to stay great breakfast. the manager Sonny was very helpful in making my stay great. I would stay here if i was back in the area. the room was clean. very close to the exit to get off of 290.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo