“Wonderful”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Marlborough
Phoenix, Arizona
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Staff is wonderful. Great people. Been a while since I was last here but the experience was just wonderful. They were very friendly and have a great group of people. The front desk staff suggested great restaurants and things to do during my stay. I will be coming back to visit soon.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Burke, Virginia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Wonderdul Hospitality and Management was Great. Thank You for the Best Customer Service. I will definitely stay for next trip. The emvironment felt very homeliy. I will recommend friends and family to stay at an Quality Inn.

• Stayed February 2014
Yatin P, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your review, we enjoyed having you as our guest.
Redmond, Oregon
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Saved $100+ by staying in Marlborough instead of Boston. The halls and lobby are "tired". The check in clerk was pretty chipper for being after midnight. He was very cordial and welcoming. FYI, two story with no elevator for those who have trouble with stairs request bottom floor.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Yatin P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your review, we enjoyed having you as our guest. We will be conducting a renovation soon and hallway carpets are on the top of the list. Thanks again for sharing your opinion, have a wonderful day!
Ellenville, Ny, Usa
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The staff was friendly, helpful and efficient. As they always are. Food and coffee are available always. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The parking area is spacious and convenient. The location is near a major roadway with easy access. This is the perfect place for the serious traveler. And it is about 1/2 hour from Boston and on the way to scenic Maine and New Hampshire.

Room Tip: First floor is helpful.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Richmond, Vermont
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have been staying at this hotel 10-16 nights a year for the past three years, and have had mixed experiences there. It has recently changed from a Comfort to Quality Inn in the past two months. The lobby, hallways, and the bathrooms are "tired". I have been in rooms where the toilet rocked and was not securely bolted to the floor, some of the showers were little more than a drizzle, and in one room, the phone didn't work, and when I reported that I was told I didn't know how to use it! REALLY??? And I'm old enough to remember dial phones and "party" lines! Sometimes the staff has been "short" with me and other customers, but now that they know me, I don't really have that issue. Most of that may be a cultural difference with the staff.
The breakfast is typical, and occasionally they do run out of items. I stay here mostly because of the location for work, and the internet service is reasonably good. There are a number of chain restaurants just down the road, along with a small mall, so dining isn't an issue. I would recommend this hotel for business travel as a less expensive option than the hotels in downtown Worcester.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the south side of the hotel, they seem to be quieter there.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevan M
flushing, ny
Reviewed 30 September 2013

A bit difficult to find in the dark, but the room was clean,.comfortable & certainly centrally located in Marlborough, MA with access to major highways. The breakfast was plain & simple - but it was free, Did not try the internet though this is probably the first place ever that offered up the access code at check-in without our having to ask. Location was quiet & mattresses seemed new - impressive. if you're looking to watch TV though, reception - supposedly cable - is not the greatest. And yes, we mentioned this to the staff at checkout.

Room Tip: We noted several 'accessible' rooms as we made our way down the hallway on the first floor...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Yatin P, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for your review! Hope to see you in the future.
Rochester, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This was our second trip to Marlborough in the last month for sports events. Our first one was to the Hampton Inn in Marlborough, which was fantastic. We booked the Comfort Inn accidentally - we thought this was where teammates were staying. Once we figured out the mistake, I tried to change the reservation through Priceline. Priceline was reasonably helpful, but said that the decision to waive the 24 hour cancellation was up to the local hotel (I had booked the room 2 hours prior to this conversation, so cancelling the previous day was not an option that I could figure out). Anyway, back and forth, back and forth... local management is telling me that Choice Hotels won't let them cancel it, and that I should call them directly. Choice has no idea why I got forwarded to them, and depending on the staff person says it's up to Priceline or the local management. One Choice "customer service" person hung up on me when I asked to speak to her supervisor.

Anyway, we've paid for the room, so we decided to stay. We got inside for a brief stop before going out to another game. I used the bathroom, and happened to notice that there was a big black smudge on one of the facecloths, and that one of the 4 towels looked like it had been used to wash a car. I looked around a bit, and found stains on two of the pillows. I returned all to the front desk. The manager's reaction was, "What? You want another room, or what? What do you want?" I told him I either wanted another room or clean linens in mine. He sent his assistant up with linens about 10 minutes later, and we left for the hockey rink.

We got back late at night, and I looked around the room some more. Stains on the top of the bedspread. Stains on the bed skirt and the floor underneath it. Trash under the bed. Smudges and grime on the light switches. Stains on the chair. A stain that looked like someone had urinated on the wall opposite the toilet. I had already tried several times to get a refund on the room, and it was late at night, so we threw the bedspreads on the floor and went uneasily to sleep. In the morning, after cleaning my own table for breakfast, we ate and left as soon as possible. Awful place with awful management.

Room Tip: The best way to get a good room at this property is to turn you car around in the parking lot and go...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Yatin P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for your review, I am sorry to hear about your recent experience at our facility. We are now a QUALITY INN and have a new management team in place to deliever outstanding customer service.

Travellers are raving about these Marlborough hotels