“Keep liking Hampton”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London
“Keep liking Hampton”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

The Hampton Inn in Marlborough is located conveniently just off the highway a short distance off the exit. It is also in a nice area of well landscaped businesses with lots of trees and grass. This Hampton Inn appeared to be relatively new. The rooms were large and what we have come accustomed to seeing in a Hampton. The room was very spacious and well appointed. It was spotless throughout and noise free during the night. The pool was amazing. The pool room has a very high ceiling and glass walls on three sides which helps with the illusion of being outside while still being protected from the weather. The hot tub was very nice with good massaging jets. A plus for this hotel is that the gym and pool area are both open until midnight.

Just down the street is a small mall where we had dinner at the Longhorn Steakhouse, excellent food with great service and walking distance from the hotel. The neighbourhood of course is nice and looks to be very safe and somewhat upscale.

The price paid for the hotel fit what was offered in service and comfort. We are very pleased with this stay at yet another Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
MarlboroughHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Marlborough, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Dear londonwesty,

I appreciate your feedback and the positive ratings you offered regarding your recent stay. As a valued guest, your feedback is important to us and we will continue to strive for excellence and insure that we exceed your expectations during your stays with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Melissa Martins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I am very picky about hotels. I don't stay in luxury hotels, but I expect when I stay at a hotel it will be clean and look put together. Not a very high standard, you would think, but I am often disappointed. Having said that, I was very impressed with this hotel, especially since I got a room, on a weekend, at the last minute, for under $85! I found the best price on the hotel's own website. The bathroom was clean and updated. How hotels can charge over $100 for moldy old and cracked tubs I don't know, but they do. The bed was ENORMOUS and very comfy. TV was modern and had as many channels as I could hope to watch, plus pay-per-view if you so desire. I didn't try the internet hookup, but it's in the room. I happened to have a bad cold, so I didn't go down to breakfast, which disappointed me no end, but it looked just fine. Yes, the air conditioner did go on and off, but I cured that by simply putting the fan on all the time. Come on, I'm sure you other reviewers could have thought of that! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was great, not so close to the highway that you could hear it, but convenient to the entrance nonetheless.The only point that was bad was that my room was right above a patio that's set up at the front entrance, and people don't seem to comprehend that their chatting at 3:00 AM could possibly disturb anyone. I guess I can't expect the front desk to shoo them away, I didn't even try to ask, the fan just drowned them out, but it was a bit of a shame. I would most certainly stay here again if I'm in the area, or suggest this place to friends. All in all a nice place!

Room Tip: Don't get a room in the front if you can help it during warm weather; people congregate on the o...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Dear CivilUs,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your comments from your last stay with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! It sounds like all the satff here did an amazing job making you feel at home, which is our number one goal. I will share your wonderful comments with the entire staff here. Thanks again for staying with us and I hope to see you again the next time you are in the Marlborough area!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I travel for business to the Boston area on a regular basis. Having stayed at many hotels around metro Boston, this hotel definitely offers first rate customer service of any hotel that I've stayed at during the past year. The front desk staff are very caring and friendly. Highly Recommended hotel and I truly look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Ron G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we look forward to having you with us again in the future. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to the hotel staff.

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We spent one night in this hotel on a road trip covering the East Coast. We were looking for a place to stay outside Boston after a day of sightseeing in the city. The staff upon our arrival was friendly, the hotel was clean, and the room spacious and quiet. We did not try the pool and other facilities, though. Breakfast was ok with a reasonable selection.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
MarlboroughHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Marlborough, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Dear kevinvives,

I want to thank you for taking time from your schedule to complete this review for your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Marlborough MA. I take great pride in the way in which our hotel operates the happiness of our guests, and the good spirits of those who provide Outstanding Service – our employees. I will pass your kind words onto the staff here.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again at the Hampton Inn Marlborough, MA.

Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Spent a night here on a trip to Gillette stadium for a concert. Room was updated and clean, bedding very comfortable. In a quiet area on the weekend but a little distant from the stadium (35 miles). Good selection for breakfast in a comfortable setting. Did not use pool/hot tub but looked very nice and is set in a separate building. Good value.

Room Tip: We always ask for an upper floor away from elevators.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
MarlboroughHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Marlborough, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear mgmvt,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review of my hotel. I have shared your kind words with the staff of the hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Hooksett, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I was a little concerned because we arrived an hour before check in (the kids had to use the bathroom) and the woman at the front desk said we couldn't check in because there were no rooms ready. She did direct us to the bathroom and then we found a park so the kids could play.
We came back an hour later and was very pleasantly greeted by Sam. He was so nice that I considered asking him to tone it down just a little, but then decided that I would just soak up all that niceness as many people lack such kindness.
Of course, Sam asked about where we were from. To understand why we were so touch by the great service, you have to hear our story... This hotel is actually only an hour from our house. Unfortunately, we had to cancel our 2 week trip down south as one of our children (my stepdaughter) is dying of brain cancer. This was our "consolation vacation." We wanted our other children to be able to enjoy a vacation yet not be too far away from home. Sam was so considerate listening to my story.
This hotel stay was SOOO what everyone needed and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. The room was better than we imagine, so comfortable. We were able to use the pool & exercise room. The next morning, the breakfast was perfect. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves and were able to have a brief period of time where they did not have to be consumed by the sadness at home.
When we checked out, the woman was very nice. She asked if there was anything that could have been better...and there really wasn't. Even the ladies cleaning were cheery.
The management should be so proud!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
MarlboroughHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Marlborough, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Dear Kate G,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your comments from your last stay with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! It sounds like Sam and all the satff here did an amazing job making you feel at home, which is our number one goal. I will share your wonderful comments with the entire staff here. Thanks again for staying with us and I hope to see you again the next time you are in the Marlborough area!

Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Clean comfortable spacious room. Good breakfast. We really enjoyed a good nights sleep in this motel.
It was family oriented. Lots of children. Close to Boston.
The bed was very comfortable .
We would go back again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
MarlboroughHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Marlborough, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Dear Thalassa2,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review of my hotel and staff. I have shared your kind words with the staff of the hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Melissa Martins
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlborough
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Marlborough
Courtyard Boston Marlborough
Courtyard Boston Marlborough
#5 of 10 in Marlborough
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough
Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center
Hampton Inn Boston - Westborough

Been to Hampton Inn Boston/Marlborough? Share your experiences!