“Rebuttal of previous bad review”

Village Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marshfield
Village Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Marshfield B&B and Inns
Palmetto Bay, FL
“Rebuttal of previous bad review”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I would hate to have travelers pass up this wonderful B&B. The folks who complained about the Village B&B actually opened windows, went into another bedroom and turned off the air conditioner in order to bolster their assertions. This IS a bed and breakfast, not a full service hotel with available computers and central air, which is plainly mentioned in the description of the hotel. All pictures on the website accurately show the rooms, which we found to be roomy and attractively furnished. The beds in our room were extremely comfortable.

It was my fault that I blew a circuit breaker with the use of the hair dryer out of the bathroom, but our room was nice and cool when we returned at the end of the evening. I never spoke to this couple who complained so have no idea how they could know that we were temporarily inconvenienced by my own actions.

The prices at the Village B&B are the most reasonable around, and the breakfast is just wonderful--the proprietor's own homemade granola, or French toast, sausages, bacon, eggs--just about anything you could want, along with wonderful fresh fruit, made promptly at your request.

Don't be influenced by any bad reviews. This B&B is a gem, and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: One of the few places around that has a room with two beds in it. I was traveling with an old girlf...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Beverly G

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Based upon reviews and photos I had a reasonable expectation for this facility....but....were we disappointed.The description misrepresented the property...eg. you can have a window air conditioner but it has to cool the room to a comfortable degree.Even our neighboring guests had problems...their room was also stifling and plugging in their hair drier blew the circuit. The house and hallways are not air conditioned...so try having breakfast or using the computer "cubby",a room off the the sweltering hallway. Upon arrival, the owner was not available to discuss the problems...a call to her number ended up on the answering machine.Then,since the owner takes cash and checks,no credit cards, you have no alternative to resolve payment issues.Then when told I her I was going to write a negative review,my wife gets emails regarding the penalities for threatening her. There are too many other reasonable places to stay in this area to put up with this.....

Room Tip: Try another place
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank bonefxr
maureen d, Owner at Village Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
In response, Mrs A called 8 days to cancel and wanted a refund. I have a standard cancelation policy. They arrived at a time that I told her I would be at Mass. The room temp was 72 and he turned it to max and did not turn it to HIGH They parked the car next to stairs, not in the parking area, left it running, and did not take in any luggage.The party in the next room tripped the circut because she ran the hair dryer in the same plug as her air conditioner. Mr A also went into another room and shut off that air conditioner, leaving his foot prints in the freshly vacuumed rug. My web site clearly states no airconditioning in common areas. I offer free WIFI not a computer room.. She would not name one thing that I misrepresented. It is obvious they never had any intention of staying, demanding a refund saying he would "destroy me" with the worse possible review he could give.
Matamoras, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This rare gem is located about 10 miles from Hingham, Ma and a stones throw from Scituate Harbor...There are three rooms (two with a king size bed and one with two queen beds)...Each room has a spacious bathroom with all the amenities of home (hair dryer, shampoo etc)...It is truly located in a beautiful area, a little tricky finding it but well worth the effort and once you find it you will be able easily to go back and forth to your destination....The proprietor Maureen O'Donovan is delightful...She met us at the front door and insisted on helping us with our luggage.Unlike many B & B's she was not intrusive and you felt very comfortable being there...We happened to be going to Boston College Graduation and this was truly a find..The rooms are upstairs so you must be able to do stairs....Breakfast was anything you wanted , Maureen was more than willing to accommodate....this is a winner...I could only find reviews from several years back so I was a little hesitant...I am so glad I took a chance......All rooms are $125!!!!!! Also computer room available....

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Betty53127
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshfield
The Inn at Scituate Harbor
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay
Best Western Rockland
Best Western Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Rockland
Nantasket Beach Resort
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth

Been to Village Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!