“Not great”
Review of The Bailey - An Irish Pub - CLOSED

The Bailey - An Irish Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Description: The Bailey Restaurant and Pub, Voted the Number 1 Place in Marshfield by The Readers Choice Awards. We offer Lunch and Dinner, and a great weekend breakfast. South Shore's Best Sunday Brunch is available from 9 to 1. Our Live music venue includes a The Best Blues Room every Thursday, Friday and Saturday is Irish and family friendly Sunday afternoon Session. Bring your family and friends to The Bailey Restaurant and Pub for lunch, dinner, weekend breakfast, Sunday Brunch, live entertainment, or just to relax!
Reviewed 14 August 2012

In the middle of a great summer spot this place really does not cut it. Atmospher is heavy and out off place for a summer area. Food is really bad. Just can't like it!

1  Thank Janie89

Reviewed 5 June 2012

My husband and I have been here about 8-10 times in the past 6 months. They have world-class blues bands and singers every Thursday night (start at 8PM). The place is pretty packed by 9PM so you have to get here early. The food is very good - seafood and lots of comfort food. The service is great and the waitresses are so friendly and great. We love this place and highly recommend it!

4  Thank Kathleen311
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We loved the bartender so much we came back the next night for burgers. Pretty darn good hamburger and perfectly cooked french fries. Winning big on keno was pretty good too! It wasn't busy either time we were there but I can imagine its a fun place to be
when the live music starts.

2  Thank rupacked
Reviewed 10 May 2012

if the tradition of Irish cooking is that the food is bland then this is a most traditional Irish Pub. Guiness however was properly poured, tasty and a good value.

1  Thank jeb48201
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I have eaten at The Bailey a few times now. I was very excited to see an Irish Pub come to Marshfield and a big fan early on. I love the live music and the atmosphere of the whole place. I also enjoy the food very much. I highly recommend the Bailey tenders as an appetizer... delicious. I also enjoy the Bailey burger and fish sandwich very much. Usually I can go there and the food does not disappoint. With the kitchen closing very early on weeknights, however, we are limited in the days we get to dine here. The biggest flaw with this place is the service, which is very slow. On my last two visits, I had long, tiring waits for our waitress. One this last visit, there were six tables with people at them in the main dining room. We waited 15 minutes for our drink order to be taken. It was 20 more minutes before our food order was taken. While eating, I finished my drink. I did not see our waitress for another 15 minutes. Finally, our meal was done and the table cleared. We told the waitress we did not need any desert or anything else and the food was very good. 10 minutes passed. Then 15, then 20 minutes. Finally, after 25 minutes, I got up and found another staff member. I told her we had not seen our wairess for almost a half hour. She tracked her down for us and we finally had the chance to pay for our meal. This was the second visit in a row where we had long, long waits to get attention from our server. We learned our lesson this time, I think. As much as I enjoy the atmosphere and the food, I usually don't have all that extra time to wait... especially if I am thirsty! Other places in town offer food that is also very good along with attentive, professional servers... so we will likely go there next time. If we hear that the table service at The Bailey improves, then we might give them another try.

2  Thank Pirate9270