“Didn't love it but didn't hate it”
Review of The Bailey - An Irish Pub - CLOSED

The Bailey - An Irish Pub
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: The Bailey Restaurant and Pub, Voted the Number 1 Place in Marshfield by The Readers Choice Awards. We offer Lunch and Dinner, and a great weekend breakfast. South Shore's Best Sunday Brunch is available from 9 to 1. Our Live music venue includes a The Best Blues Room every Thursday, Friday and Saturday is Irish and family friendly Sunday afternoon Session. Bring your family and friends to The Bailey Restaurant and Pub for lunch, dinner, weekend breakfast, Sunday Brunch, live entertainment, or just to relax!
Palm Springs, California
“Didn't love it but didn't hate it”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Atmosphere was boring. Awkward benches along the perimeter alongside tables and chairs. Very dim lighting made it difficult to read the menu for the over 50 customers. Loud piped in music made it difficult to have conversation. I guess this restaurant is geared more for younger than 50 folks. The menu options were good, not huge but a nice variety. I was tempted to order the "famous" baked haddock but there was a broiled scallop special that I opted for instead. My husband ordered the haddock so I knew I could taste it. Service was a bit on the slow side even though the restaurant wan't horribly busy on a Friday night. Our meals arrived and mine arrived on three separate plates and the kitchen had mixed up the orders a wee bit. I had ordered the sweet potato fries and they mixed it up with my son's mashed potatoes. The waitress said she would simply bring a second order of the fries and I handed my son his mashed potatoes since they were on their own plate. My broiled scallops were rolled in breadcrumbs before broiling. I was disappointed that they weren't crispy in any way but certainly good. The broccoli roasted in garlic oil was flavorful but overcooked for my tastes. The sweet potato fries I eventually received were wonderful but I did have to ask for the chipotle dip to enjoy with them. My husband enjoyed his haddock but my two bites made me glad I hadn't ordered it. It was moist, yes, but I've had better. The onion rings on the other hand were gorgeous and a delight! My impression is that this restaurant excels in snack foods and I think the entree prices are not a good value for the quality.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank mary r

Marshfield, Massachusetts
“Not great”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

In the middle of a great summer spot this place really does not cut it. Atmospher is heavy and out off place for a summer area. Food is really bad. Just can't like it!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Janie89
Massachusetts
“Great place for Thursday night blues music!”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My husband and I have been here about 8-10 times in the past 6 months. They have world-class blues bands and singers every Thursday night (start at 8PM). The place is pretty packed by 9PM so you have to get here early. The food is very good - seafood and lots of comfort food. The service is great and the waitresses are so friendly and great. We love this place and highly recommend it!

Visited June 2012
4 Thank Kathleen311
Massachusetts
“Nice pub and good burger”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We loved the bartender so much we came back the next night for burgers. Pretty darn good hamburger and perfectly cooked french fries. Winning big on keno was pretty good too! It wasn't busy either time we were there but I can imagine its a fun place to be
when the live music starts.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank rupacked
“Bland Food”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

if the tradition of Irish cooking is that the food is bland then this is a most traditional Irish Pub. Guiness however was properly poured, tasty and a good value.

• Visited April 2012