“Motel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Mashpee B&B and Inns
Harwinton, Connecticut
“Motel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

This is a motel, not an inn. I believe this was recently under new owners and they are working on the remodeling. Perhaps other units have updated bathrooms.The furnishings are newer and the tv was a flat screen. Bathroom needs serious remodel and could have been cleaner (hard to clean tiles when it is this old). Bed was comfortable. The bathroom was my only complaint.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cmb074

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

At first glance driving in at 9pm at night your first instinct is "Oh my God where did I book myself?", but it really is not that bad. It is not 5 star resort, or even 3 starts for that matter, but if you are only staying a couple of nights for a wedding or the weekend, it is not a bad little place. When we walked into the office there was noone in sight, but we were quickly greeted from a gentleman who came from the back who appeared to be the owner, I think his name was Brian. There is not computer system is seems, because I had to sign a piece of paper to check in. When he charged my CC for the stay he actually charged me twice. He quickly refunded me, and I have since seen the correct charges on my bill. You get old fashioned real keys. You are offered a bucket of ice, iron, a remote control, and cups. You can also get extra pillows if you ask. None of these things are in the room. He was very nice about delievering everything. The room itself is not bad. It can be a little damp upon entering because you are in the Cape after all. They have out things in the room to counter act that and the AC works great. The matress on the bed if pretty much a futon matress. It was not that comfortable, but it did the job. There was a nice flat screen TV, and as old school and small as it was, the bathroom was alright. There are two bottles of water and mints in the room which was a nice touch. There is also a chest of drawers, two night stands, and a tiny closet. I wish there had been some sort of chair to sit and watch TV or if you had a guest you weren't all crammed on the bed. There were two stools, which really resembled tables, but they were not appropriate for a 6 foot 300 pound man to sit on.

The location is alright. We stayed for a wedding and were within 15 minutes of the church, reception, and after party. There was a mall about 5 minutes away and a pizza and liquor store within walking distance. You are on a main road so it can be hard to pull out onto the road.

Overall, the place was not bad. It is not luxury by any means, but if I had a friend getting married or whatever in that area again, I would not hesitate to book there again if the price dropped. For what you get, $150 a night is pretty steep. We charge that in the off season for the hotel that I work at and we are a 4 diamond AAA property.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Santuit to attend a wedding. Our room was clean (though a little shabby) and large enough to comfortably fit the two of us. There were no convenient plugs to charge phones or computers and the promised wireless was absent on our first day and never fixed as promised over the next 2 days. The bathroom was also clean, but tiny! There was no countertop to put toiletries on.

We would have been more than satisfied with our stay if only the beds hadn't been so horrible! Now, my husband and I are a young couple, we very clearly remember the days of dorm beds and pull out couches to crash on. So when I say that it was the worst bed I have ever slept on, it really is awful. You could feel every spring in the thing. I am glad I never pulled up the sheets to look at the mattress itself because I am sure that heap was older than I am!

So needless to say I won't be returning, I'd rather pay the extra money for Inn on the Square and actually be able to walk the next day.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank FLdivegurl

Travellers are raving about these Mashpee hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

We were looking for a nice place to stay while we checked out Cape Cod, also someplace centrally located a short distance to ferry's to Nantucket and stumbled upon this nice reasonable inn and stayed 2 days!

• Stayed August 2012
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

The Santuit Inn looks nice and clean based on the photos on their website and the professional photos posted here. DO NOT BE FOOLED as this is not a true representation.
When we arrived, we were given the remote control to the TV in the office (first red flag). The room itself does not have a good locking door which was a potential hazard for our 18 month old being able to easily open the door and head out into the parking lot. The rug was FILTHY and had a few holes in it. The bed was more of a futon on a bed frame. The most offensive part was the strong smell of mold and must. Clearly, they were trying to rectify this issue with the two DampRid containers on the floor and the one hanging in the make-shift closet. The bathroom was very outdated and only had a stand up shower in it. Again, not good with a small child. We opted to leave and not even spend more than 15 minutes there. Skip this one and save yourself the bad experience!!!!

Room Tip: NO GOOD ROOMS! Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Beth L
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

The Santuit Inn is conveniently located on Cape Cod about halfway between Falmouth and Hyannis. Although the walls are thin, the room was clean and pleasant. A two bedroom suite has a kitchen and sitting room and is perfect for families. A convenience store is next door, with a doughnut shop and a restaurant just a bit farther down the street.

Room Tip: Get the one two-bedroom suite for your family visit - it comes with a kitchen, but it is on the seco...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BostonVeteran
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

My friends and I recently stayed at this hotel while attending a wedding in the area. We arrived late Friday night (around 2am) and after communicating with them ahead of time via phone and email, they confirmed that they would leave the keys for us since the office would be closed. They called ahead to confirm our stay and also called during my flight to reconfirm our arrival time and that they would hold the keys for us. It was very refreshing and reassuring to get this communication ahead of time.

While we didn't have any interaction with the staff during our stay since we attended the wedding Saturday night and left early Sunday morning, the room met my expectations and suited our needs. As other reviewers mentioned, it can be a little noisy in the morning since the rooms have exterior entrances and the walls seem to be pretty thin, but this didn't bother us much.

We also left a couple of items behind in the room and they called us right after we checked out to let us know and offered to make arrangements to have the items shipped to us.

All in all, the great customer service really made the stay for us and I would stay there again if my travels bring me to Mashpee again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank heatherh1313
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashpee
Green Harbor Waterfront Lodging
#6 of 20 in Falmouth
Red Horse Inn - Falmouth
Red Horse Inn - Falmouth
#2 of 20 in Falmouth

Been to Santuit Inn? Share your experiences!