“Still Love it Here”
Review of Sea Mist Resort

Sea Mist Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashpee
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Stayed here again this year, about my 4th or 5th time, lost count. The grounds looked good, with fresh flowers. I heard the indoor pool will be redone this year. The decor is still outdated but has the comforts of home. I found the housekeeping this year to be poor, found garbage behind our dresser, ie soda bottles, plastic, junk, I did not pick it up & hope they didn't thnk it was from me. I also found a panty guard from a bathing suit stuck to the dresser--YUCK. Other than that the place was clean. The staff is still great. I had an issue with the TV the first day & maintenance was there immediately. I love the Cape & hope to be back again next year.

Room Tip: The Townhouses are extremely roomy if staying with more than 2 people. Usually requests are granted...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank MissJJ

Reviewed 13 June 2011

We had no problems during our 3 night stay at Sea Mist. The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and eager to offer their services. The resort itself is older and showing its age; but our unit was clean (with the exception of a few carpenter's ants and spiders), well stocked with necessities, and had relatively comfortable furnishings. They were clearly getting the exterior ready for summer: air conditioning units were being replaced, flowers had just been planted, sprinklers were on and lawns were being mowed.

This resort is very central to all of the attractions in the Cape Cod area; and would be best used as a jumping off point for day trips. Due to its age and a lack of amenities, it really isn't useful for anything more than that.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank mijayati
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Spent a week here , it was a very good experience. As I had read the units are a bit dated, very 1980's decor, however , i found it to be very clean! Also had a few missing items like a can opener, the housekeeping staff responded quickly and kindly. We were in the townhouse style unit, very large! The pool is awesome as is the hot tub. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. There were a few family friendly events, one was a cook out that you paid 4 or so dollars for. I did not attend as I was swimming, but it looked fine. Also had my grandson ( 8 yrs old) with us for two of the nights, the resort featured a magician, very fun! And it was free. That was a fun night. There is free mini golf on the grounds. Grounds are well kept. Also basketball area and horseshoe pit. I will describe Sea Mist as family friendly. I had not stayed at a timeshare before, this was a gift from my boss. I only paid the exchange fee and taxes. I think it can be quite costly otherwise. I was very comfortable here and had a great week. If i paid full price I would have to evaluate the cost and decide if I $1200 a week like it. That price is a guess it could be more. If i paid more than that I might stay at a more updated resort, that said I have no complaints about Sea Mist and would stay again. Also very convenient is a food market and other shopping within walking distance! That was a bonus. Coffee shop as well. Internet is spotty, really have to go to the club house to use it. No real wifi.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank katevet
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Frozen pipes, ants, noisy neighbors, dirty unit, over-chlorinated pool, unresponsive management, down-in-the-heels resort. I would not recommend.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank pegleg66
Reviewed 27 December 2009

Kids had fun at this timeshare. Rooms, minigolf were a bit outdated but clean and definitely adequate. The inside pool was very large. The outside pool was smaller but there was a lifeguard and the pool was clean. The outside pool was crowded on weekends, people were parking and coming and going (I think that owners not actually staying in their units may have been using the pool), however, during the week, it was much less crowded. Great jumping off point, we went to Six Flags in Springfield, the Cape (whalewatching), National Seashore, Plimoth Plantation, Mayflower Replica and Plymouth Rock. The kitchen was a good size in the timeshare - the grounds were kept well. Definitely would recommend this resort, I would much rather stay here in Mashpee than some of the timeshares on Cape Cod as many are smaller with very little yard, louder, without much parking, and harder to get into. This had large, open spaces for grilling and walking around. It was also very convenient to grocery stores and my teenage boys were able to walk through a very short path to a local grocery store to get snacks, etc.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank Winbea
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I have been an owner at Sea Mist for over 20 years. We used to go every year when our children were small, but for the past dozen years we have been trading our unit. We returned this past weekend to Sea Mist and were very glad to see that the resort has kept up with maintenance. Although there was a bit of mold on the ceiling in the shower and the caulking around the sink could be redone for a cleaner look. One other item I noticed that could be replaced is the light/celing fans in the bathrooms - they were VERY noisy. But that being said, the pool area was immaculate as was the bedrooms and living/kitchen areas. The check in/check out staff were very friendly and accommodating. You have to drive (about 5 miles) to South Cape Beach, which is a very nice beach. All in all, a very nice weekend.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank EastCoastGirl1
Reviewed 11 June 2009

My mother, 2 sisters and I exchanged my 1 bedroom time share for a 1 bedroom townhome at the Sea Mist in Mashpee, Cape Cod. The accommodations are a little outdated, but both the queen size pull out downstairs and the queen bed upstairs were quite comfy. The indoor pool (too cool yet for the outdoor one) hot tub and sauna were very nice. The front desk, especially Brett were extremely helpful with suggestions of where to eat and what to do. Mashpee is centrally located for most of Cape Cod, except for Provincetown - 1 1/2 hour drive....that said, the drives were scenic and enjoyable. We took the ferry to Martha's Vineyard, the harbor cruise at Hyannis, visited the Heritage gardens and museum in Sandwich and the hightlight was whale watching from P-town. What a treat, the humpback whales were right alongside our boat and seemed to be checking us out as we watched them. All in all a very nice vacation.

• Stayed: June 2009
5  Thank TommyJo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashpee
Mansion House
#7 of 20 in Falmouth
2 mi away
New Seabury Resort and Conference Center
Cape Codder Resort & Spa

Been to Sea Mist Resort? Share your experiences!