“Nice new spot”

Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Oak and Ember A Polished casual steakhouse meets hip bar with a passion for innovative food and spirits. Located in Mashpee, MA, we boast one of the most beautiful dining atmospheres on Cape Cod. At the heart of the restaurant is a 30 seat bar offering an extensive wine by the glass and bottle list hand selected from wineries across the world, creative mixology featuring over one hundred types of whiskey, bourbon, scotch, and sipping rums, your favorite cocktail classics, and a rotating selection of beers on tap. The new Oak and Ember menu focuses on economically conscious and prime meats along with locally sourced seafood and produce. A vast selection of creative small plates is the highlight of our menu, allowing for your own personalized food and beverage journey.
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We met friends here at the last minute when the spot we were going to was already closed for the season. So glad we did. The place is beautiful and has the feel of Boston, not Cape Cod, and that is a welcome change. Very nicely decorated with a great bar area. We had a friendly, professional server. The menu is varied and well priced. The caesar salad had a nice garlicky flavor but needed a little salt, and the beef short ribs had subtle smokey flavor but weren't quite tender enough. My husband had the prime beef stew, which was covered in a pastry crust. Had he known that, he wouldn't have ordered it. There were potatoes in the dish PLUS mashed potatoes which was too much. Side of green beans were delicious. Next time I will try ribs or a piece of fish, but we will go back. They are all about service here. They will also have outdoor dining next spring and it looks to be a good spot for it.

3  Thank suzy b

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I made reservations for my boyfriends birthday dinner on a Wednesday night- we had heard how great and busy the place was- and hoped we'd have no problems with seating or service mid-week. Excited to find open bar seats we opted to belly up and take our time enjoying the experience ( I was expecting a minimum $200 evening with no worries!).
Two bartenders, maybe 10 bar patrons and a quiet evening in the dining room- we ordered our drinks then an appetizer- once all were done, we both sat for at least 15 minutes waiting for any acknowledgment from bartenders regarding drinks or ordering dinner. I'm not kidding when I say it was a "slow" night...maybe we had the training staff behind bar but if I'm sitting with an empty plate and glass in front of me and the staff is choosing to discuss the previous disgruntled customers issues...maybe this says something?! Why focus on the 5 minutes past and deal with the two customers right in front of you...just dying to order a drink and dinner and receive some service?
Needless to say, we opted to leave before ordering dinner and instead headed across the street to Wicked where everything was great as usual and the service friendly.

1  Thank Jkbcape
Reviewed 17 November 2013

A new restaurant offering almost 100 different kinds of bourbon and whiskey. So the guys liked it. The food was good, but I thought the options were somewhat limited. Nice atmosphere, friendly service, but I left hungry.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We have dined at Oak & Ember on two separate occasions. Both times we were greeted by friendly staff and seated in the beautiful dining room. There are many items to choose from that should appeal to a vast majority of people. One of us ordered the smaller filet and it was prepared perfectly. One of us ordered the fried chicken with macaroni and cheese and collards...comfort food that brought us back to the south....on a rather cool, rainy evening. We would recommend this restaurant and will certainly return.

1  Thank stevekat64
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Great idea for the upper cape as there is no steak house. The place is busy naturally, being new and most attractive with caring and experienced management. I think the menu is over ambitious and hence the quality is not great across the board. I wish them well as a lot of money was obviously spent to make it extremely attractive.