Southcape Resort, a Festiva Destination
Sea Mist Resort(Mashpee)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$181
Hotels.com
US$222
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$99
Green Harbor Waterfront Lodging(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$155
US$127
Red Horse Inn - Falmouth(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$157
Falmouth Inn(Falmouth)
US$131
  • Pool
InnSeason Harborwalk Resort(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$149
TripAdvisor
Santuit Inn(Mashpee)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstennis courtsoutdoor poolsouth capefull kitchentwin bedsliving roomcape codoff seasonwasher dryermashpee commonspots and pansnice stayfamily membersshort drivebit datedflat screen tvweek stay
Reviewed 15 October 2009

Townhouses as described in other reviews. Staff was very helpful with local directions and attempting to correct an electrical problem. The cabins have a rustic look inside with lots of brick and wood. But you won't mistake this for a 4-star resort. Although generally well maintained with fresh paint, it shows its age. We had a curious electrical problem that regularly took out 3 circuits, including the refridgerator and heating system, without tripping any of the circuit breakers. We had to fix it each time by banging on the breaker box. I don't know how, but it always worked. The GFIC test in the box didn't work. All of this made me pretty nervous about how closely the wiring complied with code. Southcape is in a good central location between Falmouth and Hyannis and we didn't spend much time at the resort as long as the weather was good. But it's not my idea of the quality I expect in a timeshare. I'd look elsewhere when exchanging.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RamsHeadFC
Reviewed 1 July 2009

The outside of the place has been renovated, but the inside hasn't been renovated since the '80's. The decor is in bad taste, the paint is peeling, and our unit had several things that were broken. The furniture was uncomfortable, and the place had bugs. there was no towel or sheet exchange, except for wednesdays and then you had to drive accross the complex to housekeeping office to get new ones. Our unit had big carpenter ants !! we left early it was such a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lavenderlady_9
Reviewed 15 March 2009

We booked this resort thru RCI, as we had points leftover from Wyndham. This is not Wyndham quality, but it was clean. I probably would not stay here again, but it's not so bad that I wouldn't recommend this to other people. We were upgraded to two bedrooms, which was nice. Bed gave me a backache, which was a full size. Twin beds in other bedroom were small, my daughter complained her feet were off the bed and she is only 5'6". No TV in her room and no internet, wireless or hookup. Whirlpool tub in our unit that looked nice, but we didn't use. If you are a Scott tissue user, you may want to purchase your own. They were short on supplies and what they used for TP was very cheap! I hated it. The pool wasn't available when we got there. You had to reserve the tennis courts as outside people from the community use it. Staff was very welcoming and had wine/cheese one nite, pie another, and so on. NIce touch. One nite it was windy and the door to our unit flew open twice. I put the latch on and slept with a chair against the door that nite. I was kind of scared. Not many people at the resort, as it was winter. I had relatives in the area I was visiting as well. Also, great area for seafood! Walked along beaches and found some very nice large shells. At least you don't have to pay to park at the beach in winter. Great shopping at outlet mall near Sagamore and Filenes basement in Hyannis.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2009

The resort is nice, the cabin units are very comfortable and the kitchen is big enough and well provided. We had three units for 20 people and we had an extraordinary experience. Although cleaning was not 100/100 we do recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 23 September 2008

My husband and I stayed at Southcape with my parents the week before high season 2008. We were in a townhouse where the deck faced the trees. The resort wasn’t as nice as other properties we have stayed at (RCI), but livable. It was a 2 bdrm, 1 king and 1 with twin beds. There were 2 bathrooms with the king room having a double-wide folding door to the bathroom and the other was next to the other bdrm with shower not tub. Original architect could’ve easily added a half bath to the downstairs – well, plumbing efficiency not there.

The folding bthrm door in the king was not repaired properly. Where it should’ve ‘locked’ it didn’t even connect. The old placement was a foot off of the new and a new magnet was not there. Therefore, the door would not fully close. New baseboards in the bathroom were not painted (I believe they should be painted before nailing in) and there were cob webs drifting around the high ceilings.

We went through our in-house supply list and realized we were missing a few necessary items. The housekeeping staff was very helpful in replacing them and even extra items, e.g. they let us have 2 fry pans, extra towels, etc. Just ask.

We did not use the pool or tennis courts – too busy - it is a convenient location. Only the king room had another TV (older). Note – we always carry a cable converter to assist our portable DVD player. Even when we stayed at a Westin with a newer TV, there was no input access – weird. We had to use it in that bdrm.

This was a vacation that also included five days in Maine, as far as the Cape goes, we preferred Maine. We can say ‘We’ve been there', but we are looking forward to going back to Maine.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple