Were we a bother?
1. We arrived .5 hrs early and were told our unit wasn't available- true the check-in time was 3:00 pm. We would not have the unit originally assigned as it wa being renovated.
However we could fill out the paperwork and leave them with an impression of our credit card to make key retrievable easier - for them or us?
2. Returned about an hr later to find out we had been assigned another unit as she had us confused with another party?????????. Our original unit was assigned to another couple so the renovation excuse didn't hold up.
3. Inquired as to when the unit had been recently cleaned as I found wire worms and dean insects in the REAL small bathroom. Had recently been renovated was reply. True there is new carpet, new paint and new living room furniture. Not sure about the beds- bedding appears new- Towels OLD and heaven forbid you want an extra towel to go to the pool.
4. Did an inventory- foudn we are lackign 2 glasses. So I took the form to the front desk- housekeeping will deal with this.
5. Returned today to tell them that I had lied- we did have 5 glasses-inventoried for 6-as I'd used one for a vase. Encountered my 1st FRIENDLY staff woman who was even willing to give me an extra blanket so that we can try out the hide-a-bed ( NEW) as the twins are horrible- waiting for our over 6ft tall friends to arrive and try out the master bed- no way would they make it in the twin beds.
We do like this part of the Cape in the off season. WE came to paly golf- would be nice if we could be a little more comfortable in the units.
6. TV's could be updated. Watching the Masters on this small TV will prob force us to leave and find a bar with a big screen tv- and spend more $$$$$$$$$$$$ on beverges.
This is definately not a quality resort as far as amenities are cocerned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southcape Resort & Club, a Festiva Resort, is located on one of the most desirable vacation destinations in the northeast and possibly the country; the Upper Cape of Cape Cod. The Southcape Resort & Club in Mashpee, MA, is a luxurious resort in a peaceful setting with amenities and activities for everyone to enjoy. Spend the days shopping at Mashpee Commons, fishing or boating on the sound, golfing at one of the many nearby courses or just enjoying the amenities right on the property. Southcape Resort & Club is the perfect home base for a vacation at the Cape.While the Southcape Resort & Club offers plenty of amenities to keep guests busy, there are also many exciting attractions and events around the Cape Cod area that shouldn't be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Southcape Resort, a Festiva Destination reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southcape Resort, a Festiva Hotel Mashpee
- Southcape Hotel Mashpee
- Southcape Resort, a Festiva Destination Cape Cod/Mashpee, MA