“a great place with wonderful servers”
Review of Oxford Creamery

Oxford Creamery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Mattapoisett
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Mattapoisett, Massachusetts
“a great place with wonderful servers”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We love the Oxford just as we did Gulf Hill before that. The quahog chowder, lobster rolls and hamburgers are memorable. Ken and Liz put their hearts into every meal and ice cream cone that leaves their counter. It is our custom to go as often as our wastelines will allow. In addition to that we stop there before we head south for the winter and return to Mattapoisett for the summer

Hong Kong, China
“Ice cream!!!!?”
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

I have lived in New England all my life and I think this could be the best ice cream there is. Great selection of flavors and great serving size for great value. Can't miss this place

South Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Love this Place”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have been coming here for many years. The food is always good with large portions and made while you wait. The place is tiny so we often get food to go, or eat outside on one the picnic tables. We usually order some type of seafood and it is always great. It is also a great place to go just for ice cream. We have made many trips here at night after dinner to enjoy the many flavors they have available. Be prepared to wait a little bit since it is always crowded, but the lines move fast and it is worth the wait.

West Barnstable, Massachusetts
“Number #1 in NE for chowder and more!”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I drive there from the Cape just to have a bowl of chowder. Drove by there with a friend a few weeks ago and did not know they were open as it was before Memorial Day..But they were on wkds, so we did a quick U Turn off of Rt#6 without thinking, and went right in for chowder with the biggest grins on our faces...and just hoping they had the same recipe. They did, we enjoyed and smiled all the way back to the cape...totally forgetting we could also have bought some to go by the quart as well. We were so happy we even forgot to buy ice cream which we remembered about 15 miles later...their ice cream is just like it was 50 years ago...creamy and fabulous with the old fashioned flavors as well. I bring all my visitors to Oxford Creamery for a real taste of NE as it once was... even their hotdogs are the same as yesterday's in the greater New Bedford area. Everything is excellent there...Sometimes I get food there and take it to Ned's Point by the lighthouse and eat at the picnic tables or on the rocks and other times in the grove just West of the restaurant. There are also several tables inside the restaurant and on the outside as well..

• Visited March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“I want to return to try the ice cream!”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My husband and I were looking for a place for lunch, we drove by this place and decided to return because it looked interesting, and more importantly, it was crowded. There were not very many tables, but people ate and left quickly so the tables turned over and the wait wasn’t long. We both got the fish which was really good. The lobster rolls looked great. Lots of people came in for ice cream, and the servings were seriously huge. I can’t believe how much ice cream they can pack on a cone. Worth a stop; we will go back next time we are in the area.

• Visited April 2013