“No longer a customer”
Review of Modern Pastry Shop

Modern Pastry Shop
Ranked #3 of 4 Dessert in Medford
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The pastry might be tasty, but the service is awful. This is or rather was the go-to bakery in my large Italian family for birthday cakes and pastries. There is always a line out the door, even when you order ahead of time, I expect it, and I don't mind waiting. What I don't expect is rudeness when I call. This morning at 10:00 a.m. placed a call to order a birthday cake, was put on hold for 20 minutes and then disconnected. Called back straight away, no answer. I figured I'd give it a little time, so I waited two hours and called again. This time, the phone was answered and I nicely explained that I had called early and was disconnected and that I would like to try again, in response I got a gruff "YA I KNOW THAT'S BECAUSE WE GOTTA LINE OUT DA DOOR!" Listen, dude, your cakes may be good enough for me to wait a little bit in line for but they are NOT good enough to justify the rudeness or the prices you charge. I wasn't complaining that I got disconnected, merely explaining. You are a busy bakery, you know that, it should surprise you, don't be rude to your customers. Never again.

1  Thank Pugmumma68

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Modern Pastry's Medford location is easy to get to and serves pastries like those at its North End location...only it's easy to park and the lines aren't outrageous. Cannoli beats Mike's hands down. Modern fills their cannolis when you place your order, as it should be. Yum!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Authentic classic pastry and new favorites. It's ridiculous it's so good. No brainer.... go here or live with regret for the rest of your life.