“Not what it is cracked up to be”
Review of Absolutely Fabulous - CLOSED

Absolutely Fabulous
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2013

After hearing so much about the place, it was a big let down to me. My other gusts thought it was great, but I was extremely disappointed. I got a simple dish of chicken cutlet parm. and it was fair at best. The service was slow, the music was so laud that we could hardly talk to each other. The other people we were with liked everything , but again, not what I thought it was going to be. We did go back again and I have not changed my opinion. My friends go back but I have not. It's been about 2 years now. I may go back on the request of my friends because they love the place, time will tell. I will let you know if I do and if it has changed for me. Parking is a problem but you can park in the rear of the building with a 3 minuet walk. It is crowded and noisy and the prices are, to me, not what they should be.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Very small and I think there is always a wait, but the food is really good and prices aren't that bad. You will definitely need a reservation, because the size of the restaurant is small and fills up quickly.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Had great food, a bit pricey, but good nonetheless. Felt a bit cramped, but may have been because of Halloween. Will most definitely return next visit to Melrose.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Was brought to Absolutely Fabulous by two friends and fell instantly in love with the place. All of our food was wonderful and fresh. You have to try Lena's stuffed meatballs. They are Absolutely Fabulous, REALLY. The pastas are good, some are even homemade. Service is great. Besure to make a reservation if you go over the weekend. And they have live bands Thursday thru Saturday.

Be sure to say hi to Lena when you go, she is probably making meatballs in the back but will come out to chat if you ask.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Restaurant is open from 5-12 P.M. Monday - Saturday. Sunday is closed except for private functions.Restaurant features homemade pasta, has a fabulous martini and wine list. They have weekly specials, feature huge portions and you will probably need a doggy bag when you leave. The night I was there the bartender was great. She ran the bar by herself and you could tell she enjoyed her job.
The restaurant is female run, family oriented and a supporter of the community. They donate food to the firefighters and police and donate all their cans and bottles to the Veretan's Group for recycling.

Tuesday is Community charity guest bartender night, Thursday is great accoustic open mic from 8-11 while Friday and Saturday features live music.

Parking is located behind the restaurant.