“Great Seafood Drive-in” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Northampton Mass.
“Great Seafood Drive-in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

My wife and I eat here quite a bit during the summer season. They have great fish and whole belly clams. It is a little pricey, but eating whole bellies or fish anywhere now a days is. Certain nights of the week they will come to your car and take and deliver your order. They have picnic tables in back and a couple up front if you don't want to eat in your car. Just a great place for seafood.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Providence, Rhode Island
“Great fish, clams not so much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

My wife and I have often stopped by for a fish sandwich and it is always good, although the serving size can vary. Tonight, I had a craving for whole belly clams and decided to try George's. I don't think that I would go back for the clams. They were whole belly but quite small. They were also too dry due to overcooking. Great whole belly clams are juicy and rich tasting but these had the flavor and texture of clam strips (although one could observe that they were the whole clams). FInally, they were not great value. The clam plate is $18.25 and comes with a large serving of just ok fries (the pre-frozen variety), a tub of quite nice coleslaw and a small tub of tartar sauce. The serving of clams was less than generous considering the price. All this is not to say that the meal was awful, it wasn't. However, I would say that the clams were just ok, not great, and the value was poor. Back to fish sandwiches next time.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Boston, MA
“Always good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

We normally get take out as the seating area gets very busy in the summer. Typical fare but awesome fish & chips and i love the coleslaw. Good value for money and we always finish with their fabulous ice cream!

Visited August 2011
Uxbridge, Massachusetts
“Seasonal drive-in”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2009

This is a seasonal place so in spring or fall call before you head out to make sure they are open. They have an early “winter break” Closes in Sept… this year 2009 it closed on Sept 11th but also open early, sometime late March I think?

It is not a “restaurant” per say as they don’t have inside dinning. This is a drive in, take out type place, on certain busy nights they offer the car hop service, cool if you like that old style type thing. The food gets lots of good reviews from locals but my honest opinion, I have had much better. It is pretty much all greasy fried seafood, clams, shrimp, and scallops with the odd hamburger thrown in. I did really like the scallops so not all bad by any means. There “real” Ice cream selection is limited (they do have 24 flavors of “soft ice cream” but I would rate all of that a 1 I think it is all vanilla with a last dash of fake flavor at the end) what they do have for REAL ice cream is very good though.

Overall it is a fun place to go for something different and a nice place to eat outside during nice weather although not sure I could make it my “regular” place to go.

New England
“Best chowder we've had”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2008

This is a great old-fashioned drive-in with good fried seafood. Best dish is the New England clam chowder. Since moving to New England two years ago, this is the best chowder we've had.

Been to George's Surf & Turf? Share your experiences!