“I stayed at the hotel for a night because i wanted to be...”

Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Methuen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
San Diego
Reviewed 24 November 2013

THIS was one hell of an experience. I and my family members stay there at least twice year. You have to be there to witness the chaos in the dining breakfast area. It was like living in a third world. No English was spoken. Screaming children who could not be controlled. The server paid more attention to them. The server sat with the mothers and chit chatted and not paying attention to the food line and the cleanliness of the counters.Pm rather than taking care of business at hand. Children screaming and uncontrollable Then we had to have3 keys replaced two sometimes three times a day. The locks on the rear entry and the rooms keys would not accept the key. The front desk blamed it on the machine they were using. The shower curtain had mold all over also causing us to shower without drawing the curtain. The coffee in the entrance area was ice cold and not drinkable. Not even hot water. Several of the guest and us included went to McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts. The children 3 04 or whatever were playing with the computer during the day and we and other guests could not use it. I need it for business. When I asked at the front desk about these concerns, I was told that they are paying guests. Whose paying for these paying guests. I am with my tax money. This allowed the children to play with the cream and sugar packets and anyway r there was never hot water or coffee. I realize that some people are falling on hard times, but this is ridiculous and abusing the system. The breakfast area issue could be resolved by having them eat at a certain and also, having the server exert a little control.. Now, as for t he fish restaurant. Go eat there yourself and see what it's like. They cater to drunks and loudness. The food is ice cold and not palatable. We starte4d out meal with soup which had to be returned as it was very cold. The food was the same way. Get a waitress, have the order taken, and never see her again. We had the next five meals at the Fireside next door, which was excellent and alternated to the Outback which was okay but better than your fish place. Our meals and those of the others we saw from the hotel at the Fireside and Outback complained of the same things. However, the meals we had out should never have left your hotel. Good luck to you.
And, I do not want this shared on any internet review programs.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Charles T
Ann Arbor
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Knowledgeable, friendly and responsive staff. Excellent price for the area, but not the motel for those who don't want to mingle with permanent residents.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

South Burlington
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Property came highly recommended on TripAdvisor so even though there were only smoking rooms left I figured I'd take a chance. Mistake. We got 3 rooms, two were adequate and one was in poor enough condition that I requested the room be recleaned before we returned for the evening. It stank to high heaven and the bathroom floor was filthy. The pipes banged any time anyone in the vicinity used the showers. Not at all restful or pleasant. We didn't even bother with the breakfast

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Carol M

Travellers are raving about these Methuen hotels

Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I arrived at the place around 9:00 pm on Oct 23, 2013. The GPS indicated that I have arrived. So I drove along Pelham Street, back and fort, and couldn't find Days Inn. I saw a sign at a far distance on I-93, but just could not find the Inn. There were no bright light sign that one could see. I drove very slow and eventually I slowed down due to traffic and I found a small sign, which is half lighted. It was so small and so dim that unless you drove 5 mph, otherwise you'll miss it.
I booked my room on http://www.daysinn.com, it said 15% discount because I booked earlier 7 days in advance. What I paid was $83.92 after tax.

Later, I found out if I book without so called earlier booking, regular charge is $74.59 after tax. I contacted the Customer Care on October 29, 2013. They said Customer Care will contact me on November 1st Friday. No one call or email until Nov 6. Jolien from Resolution Consultant, Wyndham Hotel Group, (Phone: 605-229-8767, Toll Free: 800-682-1076 Ext #2, Fax: 888-565-7707) emailed me saying that she found out what I paid was $83.92. When I told Jolien that my question was why the discounted rate is higher than regular rate, she just did not response.

There were a lot of truckers in that Inn. I was waken up at about 3 am because the truckers warmed up their trucks for about 20 to 30 minutes, or beat the horns, be prepared for that if you are not an light sleeper.

Also, there was a mysterious guy wandering around the parking lot. I was worried that he might break into my car. The front desk aware of this. May be the lady was afraid of a confrontation. The guy would definitely be questioned or arrested in no time if this is a quality hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Methuen
Red Roof Inn Salem
Red Roof Inn Salem
#2 of 4 in Salem
Park View Inn Inc.
Park View Inn Inc.
#1 of 4 in Salem
Best Western Merrimack Valley
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem
Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)
Sonesta ES Suites Andover

Been to Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA? Share your experiences!