“Outstanding Food and Great Service”
Review of Prelude Restaurant - CLOSED

Prelude Restaurant
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Prelude is a small fine cuisine restaurant that focuses on
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I brought another couple here after our first experience was so good. Arguably one of the better restaurants in the Merrimack Valley. The menu is original and seems to be updated regularly. The food was outstanding! The chef (who I believe is an owner) came out to greet everyone and make sure they were enjoying themselves. The venue is...unique. Don't let the location behind Dunkins' fool you. It is very cozy inside and the mix of regulars make you feel like you have truly found a "hidden gem". Great place overall and a great place for a date without breaking the bank.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Do not be put off by the location...this is a fine dining experience. We go every 2 months or so and have never had a disappointing experience. the menu rotates enough to satisfy the adventuresome but there is always an old favorite on the menu. Save room for dessert because they have best in area.

1  Thank Linpelham
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I am a regular at Prelude. If the food wasn't exceptional I would find another place. Everything on the menu is worth trying. On Fridays the feature a $10 Lobster Roll with their homemade fries. I have not had a bad meal in that place and I've eaten there more times than anywhere else. I highly recommend this place for a casual lunch or a formal dinner. Can't go wrong!

1  Thank Lenny46276
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This was our first visit to Prelude and they did not disappoint! We ordered an appetizer that was on the "specials" list of the night - we got a chicken tender appetizer that was so flavorful (a great way to start the meal!). I ordered the filet, and my husband ordered a seafood dish - both were very tasty! My filet was cooked to perfection! We ordered an apple turnover dish for dessert - WOW, it was probably the best dessert I've ever had! We will definitely be returning! The whole menu looked so yummy, so I can't wait to try another dish!

2  Thank Magen1204
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I were there this past Friday (12/27/13) and we had a great meal. I was shocked of how small the place was and glad we had made reservations. We ordered three apps, an entree and two glasses of wine and the bill was $74. We ordered the lobster rangoon and it was delicious. We also ordered prelude signature chicken wings and they were delicious as well. We also ordered the Prelude Signature Paella and I must say that it was very good but it wasn't the best paella I ever had. The General Gau's Riblets was my favorite app and I would come back just for the riblets. Overall, the service was great, the place was very clean, and the food was DELICIOUS. I would come back again.