“Fun Place, excellent staff”
Review of Chuck E. Cheese's

Chuck E. Cheese's
Ranked #51 of 123 Restaurants in Methuen
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We took my three-year old grandson here for lunch. It was his choice when asked "What would you like to do today? - we can do anything you want". He said "Chuck E Cheese". I think that says it all, no need to write any more... but I will. Here's three reasons why I loved the place: 1. The staff. It was primarily college age workers who were friendly, efficient, and very pleasant. At the end of our visit I couldn't believe the patience when my grandson had to make the big decision of choosing either a green or blue plastic frog to trade in his tickets for. I would have been out of my mind but the person waiting for my grandson's decision couldn't have more pleasant or patient if she was closing a million dollar sale. 2. The atmosphere is great. Staff and customers are friendly and courteous. Order your pizza, they give you a number to put on your table, and then go have fun. When the pizza is ready they'll find your table and bring the food to it. 3. The value. For less than $10.00 a person you get food, drinks, and a cup full of tokens. And it's not like arcades at the beach where each game is $1.00. Each token costs 20 to 25 cents if you buy them separately but each game or ride is only one token so the 20 or 30 tokens you get with a meal package gives plenty of rides or gives you lots of chances to win tickets that can be cashed in for little prizes.

Personally, I wasn't crazy about the pizza but it's not like I had to choke it down, it wasn't bad. I'd place it somewhere between a frozen pizza from the market and my favorite Sal's pizza but at the same time I wouldn't laugh at someone who said this was their favorite pizza. Considering the price you pay and all that you get, I'm surprised the food is as good as it is. They also had what looked like a great salad bar if that's your preference, I may do that next time. I'll still give them a five rating on the food only because I feel the value is so good and I don't feel it's fair to take away points because it doesn't compare to a pizza costing three times as much.
Looking at what this place is, you can't go wrong. Do not go here on a first date but definitely grab any young ones you know and go here for fun and value. On second thought, it really wouldn't be a bad place to go on a first date!

1  Thank Joe S

Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

I love the energy of the place and the children running around. I do miss the old games that used to be my favorites but there's always something to entertain me and use up my coins! It's kid friendly and the prices of the tokens are very reasonable-unlike the arcades at the beach where you have to pay a dollar to race one time. Overall it's definetly a place to take your kids!

1  Thank Jesica C