“General Manager does not give a damn about her customers, especially Platinums!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn Plymouth Middleboro

Fairfield Inn Plymouth Middleboro
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Middleboro
Delray Beach, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I checked in on May 14th at 1:00 p.m. after leaving my house in Florida at 4:30 a.m., changing planes in Newark and was feeling pretty tired. I had called ahead a few days before and spoken with Lucy requesting a top floor room far from ice machine and elevator, I always like a quite part of the hotel. Lucy, by the way is wonderful. On my arrival I was told the room was not ready and Ms. Tangi Thomas the General Manager comes out and her first words being that they were having an award luncheon for the staff and that my room would not be ready for at least an hour and a half as the staff would be attending this luncheon. To say the least, I was shocked, I am the first to admit that staff work hard, however, when did a hotel come to a standstill for its guests owing to a staff award luncheon, especially a Marriott?

I argued with Ms. Thomas over this telling her that I was tired and she offered a room on a lower floor to which I told her that I had called ahead and requested the top floor, especially as I was staying for five nights, this particular hotel can be noisy. She was adamant that my room would not be ready for an hour and a half. However, by some miracle, she somehow after my objections had it ready in fifteen minutes. I did talk with other Marriott General Managers I often stay with by phone later that day. They were quite disgusted by this woman's attitude and even more so when I told them the excuse of me having to wait over a staff award luncheon.

I then tried to give my award number and this was refused as she told me that another party was paying for the room. I informed them that I did not care about the points, however, I just wanted the nights to go toward my status and she would not shift an inch.

This is an hotel that I have stayed at many times and my Marriott number has always been accepted until that day. I now have the worst taste in my mouth over this hotel and it is all based on Ms. Thomas's attitude and lack of concern for a Platinum member of Marriott. I had a situation with her once before about three years ago over some bites which I e-mailed the photographs to her of my arms and body. She total denied that they had come from her hotel room, however, they were not there when I checked in and my body and arms were covered the next morning. I did show the photographs to other hotel managers I know and they said that they certainly looked like bed bugs to them. I know that Ms. Thomas will come back with every excuse she can, however, that is up to her because as far as I am concerned, she is the most unprofessional Marriott staff member that could be employed by this corporation. I also like to add that the carpets in this hotel are not the cleanest, especially inside the elevator which often is stained and lots of bits on the floor including dropped food. Then after checking into my room I had to have maintenance up owing to the fact that I turned the A/C to 65 degrees and it constantly blew hot air into the room. He did fix that after replacing a faulty valve.

In all, I did not enjoy one minute of my time in this hotel owing to the welcome, or lack thereof on my check in. Shame on you Ms. Thomas.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Frank W
Lisa L, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Plymouth Middleboro, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank You for your feedback. In being the Number 1 rate hotel in Middleboro, we strive for excellence in guest satisfaction and service.

We are sorry to hear that you feel your stay was less than satisfactory. Our location is close to seasonal destinations such as Cape Cod and Plymouth, which makes us the hotel of choice for many travelers in the summer months and we become very busy. In order to properly prepare our rooms after a busy night, we provide a 3 o'clock check-in time. We make every effort possible to accomodate early arrivals and special requests, which only under rare circumstances would we be unable to comply with a guests needs immediately and we work to have a room available as soon as possible.

We value your patronage to Marriott as a high level rewards member and to our hotel when you are in the area. Our staff was able to resolve any issues you came across quickly to ultimately make your stay pleasant.

We hope to see you again soon when you are in the Middleboro area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Barboursville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

Well let me start by saying "Thank You"! Our story is a long one but Fairfield Inn came to the rescue, we were on a family vacation going up the east coast and had booked another hotel through a third party site for one night. Well we were coming from Nantucket and it was very late when we arrived at our "pre booked hotel" only to be horrified by what we were presented with. This particular hotel we "pre booked" cost over $150 plus tax and it was terrible. We were given other rooms to change to but each one was worse than the next. Our son was crying and scared that something horrible was going to happen to us if we were to stay there. I really did not want to spend more money but our families health and safety were top priority! We took our chances with the fact that we may not get a refund from this third party site and quickly called Fairfield Inn and prayed they could help us! I told the gentlemen who answered we were in dire need and could he accommodate us, without question he quickly gave me directions and we were on our way. I feel terrible that I did not get his name but he saved us. We were set up within minutes of arriving at this very clean, very nice hotel. We all slept well and woke up to a wonderful continental breakfast. I did however contact the third party I booked the previous hotel from and all my money was refunded . So all I spent was $100 for my nights stay at Fairfield Inn, it was well worth it.

I do have to say that I am not above a little bit of dirt or old in my hotel stays but my pre booked hotel should have been shut down by the health department! I will pay better attention to reviews rather than prices and pictures because this previous hotel was overpriced and not too sure where the rooms they had pictured really were.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

I try to stay at Marriott properties and for business travel, this means saving money and getting the most for my dollar. This Fairfield Inn fits the bill nicely. Linda was genuinely happy to see me when I arrived and recommended a local steak house for dinner (The Fireside Grill) which was excellent (and packed for a Tuesday). I'll be back...thank you Linda!

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on January 22. The staff was friendly and the Reims were immaculate great location. The free breakfast was good and the 24 hr coffee abc was very nice on a cd January might
I would highly recommend this hotel and will be staying here again when in the area

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Viper82766
MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

After a bad experience at the Holiday Inn Express next door, I decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn for my next trip to Bridgewater. The staff were all friendly and it was a pleasant stay. The room was comfortable and clean and the breakfast was pretty much like any breakfast at this type of hotel. In all I will stay here again when I am In the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank fifiMA
Pittsford, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

Our daughter's synchronized ice skating team chose this hotel due to it's proximity to the Gallo Ice Arena in Buzzard's Bay, MA. That was problem # 1, because it was 26 miles from the arena.

More importantly, let's talk about the hotel, starting with the positives. The lobby was warm and welcoming, the staff was friendly and knowledgeable, our room had a small microwave and fridge, and the beds were very comfortable.

I always try to balance the positives with the negatives, but it's hard to do in this case, as there are so many more negatives. For a non-smoking hotel, our first room reeked of smoke. We were given another room, but it only had one king bed and there were three of us. There was no pullout couch in the room, so the manager kindly offered us an additional room.

As other reviewers noted, the interior and exterior walls are paper thin. The hotel backs up to a major highway, and I awoke repeatedly throughout the night because of traffic and road noise. Noise from adjacent rooms and the hallway also disrupted our night: flushing toilets, television noise, and a very noisy and ineffective heating / cooling unit.

The bath towels were paper thin and felt like a dry loofah sponge. The shower temperature only got to lukewarm, even at 7:00 am on a Sunday morning.

As far as the free breakfast, it was one of the worst I've ever experienced. Microwave Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches and breakfast burritos, a single waffle iron that took way too long, and in general just a very limited selection of items made this "disappointing" at best. Additionally, it was understaffed, with garbage containers overflowing and food and coffee shortages occurring continuously.

Lastly, I'm kind of techno-geek, but I could not figure out the TV controls! There were two remotes: one for Xfinity and for ComCast, but I could not figure out how to adjust the TV volume.

I've never stayed at a Fairfield before, and being a Marriott property, I may have expected too much. I don't know if this was just a bad experience, but I do know that I will probably not stay at another Fairfield again. This property is an embarrassment to the Marriott brand.

Room Tip: Rooms at a different hotel are recommended!