“A good, typical Fairfield Inn.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn Plymouth Middleboro

Fairfield Inn Plymouth Middleboro
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Middleboro
Aiea, Hawaii
“A good, typical Fairfield Inn.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stopped here for a Saturday night stay, getting the basic advance purchase senior rate ($109). We had waited a little long to set up reservations for this part of our trip, so the choices were tightening up. We had a very enjoyable stay. The front desk staff were excellent, which I found to be the case at all of the Marriott properties we visited on our three week vacation. I had a question about a billing charge after we left and had it cleared up on the phone in a couple of minutes, followed up by an email from Fairfield Inn with the paperwork. Our room was on the 4th floor. There's only one elevator, but we had no problem getting in or getting out of the hotel. The breakfast area is small, but the breakfast was good and we weren't inconvenienced. The rooms may not be the most up-to-date of the Marriotts, but ours was clean and had all of the amenities we expected. Wi-Fi worked very well in the room. We had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Laconia, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is a decent Fairfield Inn... not the newest kid on the block but certainly not the oldest either. The room was clean and a good size. The breakfast was a nice variety of hot and cold items. The best part of this hotel from my personal experience is their super friendly and accommodating staff! I had forgotten to ask for a frig and remembered only when I got up to the room. I went back down and requested a room with a frig and apologized for not requesting it in the first place. We were moved to another room just down the hall from where we were and it did have a frig as requested, but also had 2 beds instead of 1 (it was our Anniversary so we wanted the larger single bed). I went back down and apologized for being a pain and explained that if possible we would like a room with 1 bed and a frig but if not possible at least the single, king-sized bed. She never got upset, kept apologizing to me and in fact was able to get us a room with a king and a frig. The next morning the gentleman working the breakfast buffet was very friendly and ensured we had everything we needed. If we are ever in the area overnight we would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

It's your basic Fairfield experience - decent enough accomodations and not too pricey. I stayed here with my girlfriend and her family for a wedding nearby and it seemed nicer than other hotels in the area. Overall the stay was fine, but I will reminder how friendly the staff was - especially the guy on night duty that talks about candy.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lisa L, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Plymouth Middleboro, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay for other TripAdvisor guests! We pride ourselves on our excellent guest relations and are very pleased to hear that our staff provided a great experience for you during your stay.

We sincerely hope that if you are in the Plymouth/Middleboro area again, you chose us.
York Beach, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

this hotel is a very dated and tired facility.I thought the elevator smelled and since it is used by cleaning staff sometimes there is a long wait for it.The bed I did not think met the Marriott standard.It was at best acceptable.The staff I encountered could not have been more friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Mainelytravel
Lisa L, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Plymouth Middleboro, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We try our very best to provide a clean and comfortable atmosphere for our guests and are constantly working to improve our hotel and its' amenities. Your feedback will help to direct our efforts.

We are pleased to hear that our staff is providing superior service and making our guests feel welcome!
Burlington, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

The Fairfield Inn has many of the qualilties I associate with a Marriott, including friendly, helpful staff, a nice pool and a good quality continental breakfast. Unfortunately, the hotel is older, and the rooms are seriously in need of updating and improved comfort.
Our king-bed room had two chairs; the easy chair was comfortable and had an ottoman. The "desk chair" was vinyl and metal, and NOT a desk chair. No way to adjust back or height, no wheels for easy moving around, and a material that didn't breathe, leaving me sticky and uncomfortable. The bed was old, lumpy, and just plain beat-up; the beds need to be replaced.
Marriotts will continue to be my hotels of choice whenever possible, but I'm glad I won't need to be in Middleboro again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank VTOceanLover
Lisa L, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Plymouth Middleboro, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you found some of the furniture in our rooms uncomfortable, but am pleased to hear that you were happy with the service of our staff. Although there are some aspects of our hotel that may seem out-dated, we understand the value of an enjoyable experience while staying at a hotel and do our best to provide excellent service, maintenance and cleanliness.

We sincerely value your patronage to Marriott as well as your business with our hotel!
Delray Beach, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I checked in on May 14th at 1:00 p.m. after leaving my house in Florida at 4:30 a.m., changing planes in Newark and was feeling pretty tired. I had called ahead a few days before and spoken with Lucy requesting a top floor room far from ice machine and elevator, I always like a quite part of the hotel. Lucy, by the way is wonderful. On my arrival I was told the room was not ready and Ms. Tangi Thomas the General Manager comes out and her first words being that they were having an award luncheon for the staff and that my room would not be ready for at least an hour and a half as the staff would be attending this luncheon. To say the least, I was shocked, I am the first to admit that staff work hard, however, when did a hotel come to a standstill for its guests owing to a staff award luncheon, especially a Marriott?

I argued with Ms. Thomas over this telling her that I was tired and she offered a room on a lower floor to which I told her that I had called ahead and requested the top floor, especially as I was staying for five nights, this particular hotel can be noisy. She was adamant that my room would not be ready for an hour and a half. However, by some miracle, she somehow after my objections had it ready in fifteen minutes. I did talk with other Marriott General Managers I often stay with by phone later that day. They were quite disgusted by this woman's attitude and even more so when I told them the excuse of me having to wait over a staff award luncheon.

I then tried to give my award number and this was refused as she told me that another party was paying for the room. I informed them that I did not care about the points, however, I just wanted the nights to go toward my status and she would not shift an inch.

This is an hotel that I have stayed at many times and my Marriott number has always been accepted until that day. I now have the worst taste in my mouth over this hotel and it is all based on Ms. Thomas's attitude and lack of concern for a Platinum member of Marriott. I had a situation with her once before about three years ago over some bites which I e-mailed the photographs to her of my arms and body. She total denied that they had come from her hotel room, however, they were not there when I checked in and my body and arms were covered the next morning. I did show the photographs to other hotel managers I know and they said that they certainly looked like bed bugs to them. I know that Ms. Thomas will come back with every excuse she can, however, that is up to her because as far as I am concerned, she is the most unprofessional Marriott staff member that could be employed by this corporation. I also like to add that the carpets in this hotel are not the cleanest, especially inside the elevator which often is stained and lots of bits on the floor including dropped food. Then after checking into my room I had to have maintenance up owing to the fact that I turned the A/C to 65 degrees and it constantly blew hot air into the room. He did fix that after replacing a faulty valve.

In all, I did not enjoy one minute of my time in this hotel owing to the welcome, or lack thereof on my check in. Shame on you Ms. Thomas.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Frank W
Thank You for your feedback. In being the Number 1 rate hotel in Middleboro, we strive for excellence in guest satisfaction and service.

We are sorry to hear that you feel your stay was less than satisfactory. Our location is close to seasonal destinations such as Cape Cod and Plymouth, which makes us the hotel of choice for many travelers in the summer months and we become very busy. In order to properly prepare our rooms after a busy night, we provide a 3 o'clock check-in time. We make every effort possible to accomodate early arrivals and special requests, which only under rare circumstances would we be unable to comply with a guests needs immediately and we work to have a room available as soon as possible.

We value your patronage to Marriott as a high level rewards member and to our hotel when you are in the area. Our staff was able to resolve any issues you came across quickly to ultimately make your stay pleasant.

We hope to see you again soon when you are in the Middleboro area!
Barboursville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

Well let me start by saying "Thank You"! Our story is a long one but Fairfield Inn came to the rescue, we were on a family vacation going up the east coast and had booked another hotel through a third party site for one night. Well we were coming from Nantucket and it was very late when we arrived at our "pre booked hotel" only to be horrified by what we were presented with. This particular hotel we "pre booked" cost over $150 plus tax and it was terrible. We were given other rooms to change to but each one was worse than the next. Our son was crying and scared that something horrible was going to happen to us if we were to stay there. I really did not want to spend more money but our families health and safety were top priority! We took our chances with the fact that we may not get a refund from this third party site and quickly called Fairfield Inn and prayed they could help us! I told the gentlemen who answered we were in dire need and could he accommodate us, without question he quickly gave me directions and we were on our way. I feel terrible that I did not get his name but he saved us. We were set up within minutes of arriving at this very clean, very nice hotel. We all slept well and woke up to a wonderful continental breakfast. I did however contact the third party I booked the previous hotel from and all my money was refunded . So all I spent was $100 for my nights stay at Fairfield Inn, it was well worth it.

I do have to say that I am not above a little bit of dirt or old in my hotel stays but my pre booked hotel should have been shut down by the health department! I will pay better attention to reviews rather than prices and pictures because this previous hotel was overpriced and not too sure where the rooms they had pictured really were.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleboro
Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro
Days Inn Middleboro - Plymouth
Hampton Inn Raynham-Taunton
Courtyard Boston Raynham
Residence Inn Boston Bridgewater
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 3 in Raynham

Been to Fairfield Inn Plymouth Middleboro? Share your experiences!